EmuNewz Network
JPCSP Launcher [v1.8.0.4] - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: General discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: JPCSP Launcher [v1.8.0.4] (/showthread.php?tid=977)

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - ljacquard - 08-07-2012

Hello,

First thank you for your hard work on the launcher (and maybe on jpcsp too ?), and sharing it with us.

I've been using it on XP-SP3 successfully till now, but with the latest version of jpcsp as of today (2672), the "emu settings" selected in your launcher are no longer saved, specifically :

"Use vertex cache"
"Use shaders"
"Use a geometry shader for 2D rendering"
"Save GE Screen to textures instead of memory"
"Enable decoding of indexed textures (CLUT)"
"Ignore invalid memory access"
"Use Media engine"
"Extract media files to tmp folder"
"Use debug font (disable flash0 fonts)"

These seemed to work for me previously, with versions jpcsp <= 2617 and launcher <= 1.7.06.

Tell me if you need more information.

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - hyakki - 08-07-2012

that's odd, the settings still work for me in r2672, have you tried running as an administrator?
check taskmanager make sure no other instance of jpcsp/java is running while setting the options, maybe the options are being overridden (if you previously saved a game profile).

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - dark_ian14 - 08-12-2012

my jpcsp is window 32 bit.. but i dont know how to run this launcher i follow all screenshots config...
THE CONSOLE MESSAGES is

Running Jpcsp 32bit...
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine.

what should i dO?

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - hyakki - 08-12-2012

(the screenshots are only for demonstration of the interface, not a tutorial Smile)
anyways try to lower the -xmx size to something under 2gigs try 512-1024, only 64bit java can scale the xmx size over 2 gigs. .

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - dark_ian14 - 08-12-2012

aw men this emulator is so hard to PLAAY Big Grin and CONFIG .. sir can u post your configuration using window 7 32bit jpcsp? please

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - abood555 - 08-14-2012

Can someone help me? i cant find lock pages in memory on windows 7 home premium 64x
i tried typing gpedit.msc and SECPOL.MSC in the search bar at the bottom of the start menu and in the run command from the menu bar but there is nothing... how can i fix this and enable lock pages in memory in windows 7?
thx in advance

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - montcer9012 - 08-15-2012

(08-14-2012, 11:43 PM)abood555 Wrote: Can someone help me? i cant find lock pages in memory on windows 7 home premium 64x
i tried typing gpedit.msc and SECPOL.MSC in the search bar at the bottom of the start menu and in the run command from the menu bar but there is nothing... how can i fix this and enable lock pages in memory in windows 7?
thx in advance
I don't know why you post it here instead open a new thread or triying on a PC soft forum Huh

But anyway, what do you mean with "lock pages"?? You wanna block process starting, or modify the PageFile size?? Please give more details to know what's the answer.

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - hyakki - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 04:05 AM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(08-14-2012, 11:43 PM)abood555 Wrote: Can someone help me? i cant find lock pages in memory on windows 7 home premium 64x
thx in advance
I don't know why you post it here instead open a new thread or triying on a PC soft forum Huh

But anyway, what do you mean with "lock pages"?? You wanna block process starting, or modify the PageFile size?? Please give more details to know what's the answer.

locking pages in the ram can give programs full unrestricted access to ram (for 32bit windows), usually very fast, and it will never use the pagefile., a good example of this option was used in old "pcsx2 playground" it required this option to work since it brought various speed improvements but later they dropped support since they found other ways to speed it up and it was a hassle to enable it on non ultimate windows, that said Java can also take advantage of the option, so I added the option into Jpcsp Launcher to lock pages but it requires users to enable support in their windows, unfortunately I don't know any other way to enable it without gpedit.msc or the security policy editor, and usually that only comes with the best ultimate windows versions.
Maybe it's doable with regedit , but I would have to look into it more.

Anyways I'm not sure how much the performance might increase (if any) with the option if any since I don't have 32bit windows.

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - montcer9012 - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 04:55 AM)hyakki Wrote: locking pages in the ram can give programs full unrestricted access to ram (for 32bit windows), usually very fast, and it will never use the pagefile.
That means HDD reading/writting will not speed down the program ... Mmmm

I found this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190730.aspx

If i modify "SQL User" by my Windows User, it will work?? Edit: I guess so; wasn't look the attached pictures.

Also, i thought it was more useful on Windows XP due the low amount of RAM that x86 OS can support on that time.

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - abood555 - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 04:55 AM)hyakki Wrote:
(08-15-2012, 04:05 AM)montcer9012 Wrote:
thx in advance

locking pages in the ram can give programs full unrestricted access to ram (for 32bit windows), usually very fast, and it will never use the pagefile., a good example of this option was used in old "pcsx2 playground" it required this option to work since it brought various speed improvements but later they dropped support since they found other ways to speed it up and it was a hassle to enable it on non ultimate windows, that said Java can also take advantage of the option, so I added the option into Jpcsp Launcher to lock pages but it requires users to enable support in their windows, unfortunately I don't know any other way to enable it without gpedit.msc or the security policy editor, and usually that only comes with the best ultimate windows versions.
Maybe it's doable with regedit , but I would have to look into it more.

Anyways I'm not sure how much the performance might increase (if any) with the option if any since I don't have 32bit windows.

I read some forums here and there on the internet, turns out that the Security/Local Policy Editor is only available on the Ultimate Version of Windows.... Just my luck Sad