EmuNewz Network
JPCSP Launcher [v1.8.0.4] - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: General discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: JPCSP Launcher [v1.8.0.4] (/showthread.php?tid=977)

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - montcer9012 - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 09:18 PM)abood555 Wrote: Security/Local Policy Editor is only available on the Ultimate Version of Windows
I do some research as well and some users was saying that putting gpedit.msc under system32 folder and doing some modifications on Windows registry they can make it work.

If i were you i will still researching this; good luck.

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - hyakki - 08-16-2012

(08-15-2012, 09:18 PM)abood555 Wrote: I read some forums here and there on the internet, turns out that the Security/Local Policy Editor is only available on the Ultimate Version of Windows.... Just my luck Sad

I have never tried it but, from what I heard you might be able to use the command-line tool "ntrights.exe" from the" windows server 2003 resource kit tools" to enable the setting, though I don't know if its worth all the trouble.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17657
Technically the ntrights.exe tool should work for various windows versions but you are really doing it at own risk.

usage
ntrights.exe -u "PCAccountName" +r SeLockMemoryPrivilege
(remember to log-off and re-login or reboot for the changes to take effect, this is even the case when using gpedit.msc)

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - ijustwanttodownload1thing - 08-17-2012

Awesome. Thanks.

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - phoenix404 - 08-25-2012

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right place for asking questions, but I saw other people asking questions so I'm assuming it's okay. if not, I'm sorry.

Anyways, I've been trying to play Yugioh Tag Force 3 on JPCSP with this loader, and it works well. My only problem is that my game keeps stuttering badly during duels, especially during 3D cut scenes with the characters. I can disable them, but it still pauses often and sometimes stutters so severely that it's difficult to play and looks like it's going to make my laptop explode. Sometimes it freaks out so much it just crashes entirely. Also, occasionally when I try to duel someone, I just receive a pure white screen and I have to restart from my last save point. I've also had an insufficient memory error once, but it's not really a chronic issue. I have no clue why this is happening to me, because i know for a fact my computer is powerful enough to run this smoothly, and I've seen videos on youtube of people playing this with lower specs and they don't have this problem!

I'm currently using the most recent version of 64-bit JPCSP + loader. I have 8GB RAM, quad core i7 processor (w/ hyper threading), 1GB Radeon HD 5870 graphics card, and 64-bit Windows 7. My configuration is standard for this game; Use vertex cache, Save GE screen to textures, Disable optimized VertexInfo, Ignore invalid memory access, Use Media Engine, Use compiler (dynarec). I've also tried messing around with some of the various options that came with the loader, and tried different recommendations made in this thread without any luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated Sad

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - montcer9012 - 08-25-2012

Sadly for you, the problem is ATI drivers. JPCSP work with OpenGL and AMD seems to have buggy OpenGL drivers. I own an 6620g Radeon and only 2 games can reach near 30 FPS but not constant; people that own NVIDIA cards (Like dev team) can run games very smoothly.

Since the game with the issue is playable for other people maybe you wanna take a look on game dedicated thread here:
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 3

Also, is good to keep OpenGL drivers up to date. Latest official Catalyst is 12.8 that contains OGL v.6.14.10.11762. However, they have a newer OpenGL driver v.6.14.10.11764 on a unnoficial release provide for an user on Guru3d Forum. If you want it, can get here:
AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.982.7.0 August 8) Unofficial
You can trust on that release; i always download it from there and always i get an improvement on older version.

If nothing solve it, you can post a info log on game dedicated thread so developers can search a flaw there and then fix it. And let's wait for hyakki guru; maybe he can provide a solution that i miss with his super Launcher Big Grin

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - phoenix404 - 08-25-2012

(08-25-2012, 08:50 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: Sadly for you, the problem is ATI drivers. JPCSP work with OpenGL and AMD seems to have buggy OpenGL drivers. I own an 6620g Radeon and only 2 games can reach near 30 FPS but not constant; people that own NVIDIA cards (Like dev team) can run games very smoothly.

Since the game with the issue is playable for other people maybe you wanna take a look on game dedicated thread here:
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 3

Also, is good to keep OpenGL drivers up to date. Latest official Catalyst is 12.8 that contains OGL v.6.14.10.11762. However, they have a newer OpenGL driver v.6.14.10.11764 on a unnoficial release provide for an user on Guru3d Forum. If you want it, can get here:
AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.982.7.0 August 8) Unofficial
You can trust on that release; i always download it from there and always i get an improvement on older version.

If nothing solve it, you can post a info log on game dedicated thread so developers can search a flaw there and then fix it. And let's wait for hyakki guru; maybe he can provide a solution that i miss with his super Launcher Big Grin

Thank you very much for your thorough response! Alas, I was afraid it might be my graphics card, as I remember hearing in a "JPCSP for dummies" thread that ATI cards often have compatibility problems.. Now I kinda regret abandoning my old laptop that had an nvidia card :/.

I'll try updating OpenGL as you suggested, it's worth a try at the very least ^^. And yes, if posting info logs might help the developers in some way, I'll be happy to do so. I'll get on that if all else fails.
EDIT: Updated my drivers. Sadly, no improvement from what I can tell. Oh well..

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - momoli - 08-25-2012

You s*** has a virus, do not download these dangerous exe people, you can simply run the bat file don't need this.

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - icecoffemix - 08-25-2012

(08-25-2012, 09:18 PM)momoli Wrote: You s*** has a virus, do not download these dangerous exe people, you can simply run the bat file don't need this.

Is it something with generic.xxx whatever? Change your garbage AV.

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - abood555 - 08-25-2012

(08-25-2012, 09:18 PM)momoli Wrote: You s*** has a virus, do not download these dangerous exe people, you can simply run the bat file don't need this.

GTFO of here u retard f#@$, its ur computer thats shitty not this program.

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - hyakki - 08-26-2012

Program is clean if you got it from here, if anything does attempt to modify it in anyway (like a virus previously already in your system), my program will throw out an error message saying its been modified, (you can test this if you want modify a hex byte and try to run it, the program will instantly know its been modified). other then that its just a false positive from cheap antivirus software.

Feel free to use the bat file though no one is forcing you to use the launcher, out of 400 posts and 10+k downloads no one else has complained :p