EmuNewz Network
JPCSP Launcher [v1.8.0.4] - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: General discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: JPCSP Launcher [v1.8.0.4] (/showthread.php?tid=977)

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - kaicooper - 09-12-2012

(09-11-2012, 11:24 PM)jeremymd Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 11:16 PM)kaicooper Wrote: any tweaks to run
GOW both
Daxter in good way

Metal Slug XX full playble but through loading chapters very slow..why?

are you running 32 or 64 bit jpcsp?

and could you attach your JPCSP settings so I can see?
1. Basic
2. Advanced Java
3. Jpcsp Settings

no problem bro..im using 64x build
until now i dont know how to make good tweak from Louncher to make my games run great
all i know is setting AA and fullscreen..the rest im lost...

my settings screenshots..i'll give it to u later when i reach home..thanx guys

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - jeremymd - 09-12-2012

(09-12-2012, 07:29 AM)kaicooper Wrote: no problem bro..im using 64x build
until now i dont know how to make good tweak from Louncher to make my games run great
all i know is setting AA and fullscreen..the rest im lost...

my settings screenshots..i'll give it to u later when i reach home..thanx guys

I'll also need your CPU(core 2 quad, i5, ?, Ghz), RAM and GPU(video card). The settings seem to be dependent on the hardware it's run on.

Just so you know, I have an old Core 2 Duo(2.7 ghz), 8GB RAM(1066 Mhz), and an Nvidia GTX 560Ti. It's an old processor, but i've managed to get the settings just right. Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjIkABXak4U&feature=player_embedded

great..really hope to play MGS PW with good speed

anyway bro..here's i updated my singeture to show u my PC rig
i7 950 oc 4ghz
GTX 580 sc
16 gb RAM

and i really wanna know about the louncher too..cus im really loooost
and also is it better to download the x86 version?
cus im using 64x version and in custscense no sounds at all..i downloaded SONICstage too

here's my config..this's just random i did and tried many before..but just missing up

[Image: ?img=5eeb6d232c7f865.png]

[Image: ?img=c4f7c5c9129877c.png]

[Image: ?img=e547ea204404a56.png]

[Image: ?img=bca1bb65e2fac06.png]

[Image: ?img=23865df0a071a27.png]

GUIDE TO SET UP JPCSP AND LAUNCHER(AT LEAST FOR PEACEWALKER)

1. First thing's first, stay with 64-bit JPCSP. I have fiddled sufficiently with 32-bit JPCSP and have found problems with it in terms of stability(at least for this game. It's about memory. I don't completely understand it, honestly, but just take my word for it. 64 bit saves you a lot of hassle).
2. For stability's sake, use JRE 6. I read somewhere that JPCSP was programmed with JRE 6 considered. On how to set that, check the later pictures.
3. You should ALWAYS launch the game from JPCSP launcher, not JPCSP itself. From the little JPCSP app window, click the UMD link to open the UMD window. I'm sure you can figure out how to add your ISO directory from there. Then to launch whatever game, double click on it.
4. You should ALWAYS change your JPCSP settings from JPCSP launcher, not from JPCSP itself. This is unless you get an error which, i'm hoping, you don't get. I haven't figured that out completely yet why it happens and I already PMed hyakki about it.

JPCSP LAUNCHER(AND JPCSP) SETTINGS

So here we go. If you have the launcher in the right place, run it.

[Image: jpcsp_main.png]
* The -Xmx Size doesn't matter that much, but I let it stay that way.

Click the yellow ADV.

[Image: basic.png]
* Click the yellow "Default" button at the lower left before following the settings listed here.
* Change the "Switch to" resolution to whichever you want. I'm betting you can put it on max resolution and your rig can do it. Say YES to the "experimental" prompt. It's proven to be wicked stable!
* Remember that "System Profile" is dependent on the kind of CPU you have. If changing this setting changes your "-Xss Size", let it be. I'm not even sure if this is even important as the launcher itself already detects your kind of CPU and other hardware.
* The same goes for "Garbage Collector". ConcMarkSweep is for multi-core processors. I'm also not sure whether this helps performance, but what the hell...

[Image: advanced.png]
* Since you have an i7, in "-XX:UseSSE", use 99 instead.
* Since you have an i7, also enable "-XX:+UseSSE42Intrinsics" by ticking the checkbox.

[Image: custom_path.png]
* Never mind the JPCSP path. I blurred out some details because I'm paranoid. Wink Don't change any op
* This is how to configure your JPCSP and launcher to use JRE 6(if you have both 6 and 7 installed). It should be in the same location shown here.

[Image: jpcsp_settings.png]
* Previously, "Decoding of indexed textures" was enabled. That was a mistake. Leave this option unticked(marked as red above).
* Under "Media", with this configuration you will get complete audio(although inaccurate at times). BE WARNED THOUGH THAT USING THIS CONFIGURATION HAS PROVEN TO BE UNSTABLE AND WILL STALL THE EMULATOR AT SOME SPECIFIC MAPS. For a more stable setup with incomplete audio, disable "Extract media files to tmp folder" and "Decode audio files with SonicStage".
* Under "Display", these are your options on how you want your game to look. For MGS Peacewalker, I don't notice any difference with Anti-Aliasing set to x16, but do try it. Strangely it has hardly any impact in performance.

And you're done with the settings.

SETTING UP SONIC STAGE AND SOUND FORGE

SonicStage - you will need this to play most of the audio.
Sound Forge - lets you play some audio format(s) that sonic stage can't. For Peacewalker specifically, it lets you hear the recorded conversations, ambient effects(jungle sounds, bird hoots, whore screams, etc.) and others. It's still buggy, but I'll give you a workaround later.

SONICSTAGE
1. Download
http://www.toggle.com/lv/group/view/kl36448/SonicStage.htm
2. Install
3. That's it!
That's the latest version(4.3) It's obsolete but it works perfectly.

SOUND FORGE(This is where it gets hairy)
1. Download
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/attachment.php?aid=8695
2. Extract

[Image: atrac3_dir.png]
* Run the file highlighted.

[Image: atrac3.png]
Do these in order. Refer to the pic above to see what I mean.
* 1. You should point this directory to <your jpcsp directory>\tmp\ULUSxxxx(whichever game ID you're playing)\Atrac
* 2. If you don't have Soundforge yet, download it by clicking "Help" then "Download Soundforge". A new window will appear. Follow the prompts and download the software. Install. Just go for Trial version. I don't think it expires anyways, just limited functionality. REMEMBER WHERE YOU INSTALLED IT!
* 3. Click "Launch Sony Sound Forge". It will ask where it is. Show it. The file you are looking for is AUDIOSTUDIO100.EXE

And there you are!

A few pointers on how to use this tool and listen to complete audio in your games.

1. To activate this tool, you need to click Start.
2. You can only activate this tool when your game is already running!/b]
3. This means you will have to Alt+Tab back to this tool if you run your game in fullscreen to activate it.
4. When you click "Start" and the tool runs, you should see:

[Image: running_actrac.png]

5. The tool loads Sound Forge. [b]Wait a few seconds for it to load before proceeding with your game!
You'll see your mouse cursor animated while this is going on.
6. You click "Exit" ONLY if you think you stopped getting all the audio you want to hear(that's the bug I was talking about. the tool stops working for some reason).
7. Clicking "Exit" takes you back to the main screen of the tool. CLOSE IT. I've tried several times to just re-activate it by clicking "Start" again. Sometimes it works, sometimes, no. The reliable way is to CLOSE IT AND RE-RUN IT AGAIN. The tool will remember all the settings and directories you showed it so once you reopen it, just click Start to activate.

UPDATE: Here's another workaround for this. In the main screen itself of the atrac3+ tool(where there's a start button),

a. UNTICK "Reboot Soundforge and the tool in Virtual Desktop after START". Then cl
b. click "Launch Sony Sound Forge". The Sony Sound Forge application shows up.
c. start your jpcsp game
d. switch back to atrac3+ tool and click "Start" now.
e. Soundforge automatically closes. OPEN IT UP AGAIN by clicking "Show/Hide Soundforge window"
f. From now on, when you don't hear any of the conversations or you think Soundforge stalled again, switch to the open Soundforge window and you'll see the audio it was supposed to play there. Apparently the bug is just soundforge failing to "PLAY" the file automatically sometimes. Just click on the Play symbol and voila!

AND THAT'S HOW I SET UP EVERYTHING.

Your options from here(and just in case):
- For faster performance, you can play it as a window. 1. Disable "jpcsp full screen" from Jpcsp Settings and 2. Disable "Switch to..." from Basic. It would be a bummer playing with such a small window though, so you could try changing your desktop resolution to a smaller one so your game window will look bigger.
- Under "Jpcsp Settings", enabling "Disabled optimized VertexInfo" looks better and fixes some graphical bugs in game but slows down the game just a bit.
- If you have an AMD/ATI video card, under "Jpcsp Settings", you might want to try to "Enable dynamic shader generation" if the game isn't running right.
- If ever you get an error with a little window saying Java SE is closing for some error, I determined it has something to do with XSS and XMS sizes. Bring those two back to default settings(XSS=2, XMS=128). This also sometimes happen when you deactivate "Decode audio files with Sonicstage"(because you want more performance, disabling performance does prevent some stuttering) and the game goes into cinematics. Again, I'm no expert, these findings are all based on trial and error, and specifically about Peace Walker.
- I have tested several other games with these settings, and most of them work great. I found that "Enabling decoding of indexed textures" gives an astounding speedup on some games(3rd birthday, Godzeater Burst).
- Reminder. RUN THE GAME FROM THE LAUNCHER, NOT FROM JPCSP.

If any of you encounter any problems with setting up, or performance isn't good, just PM me. I'll try to help if I can.

simpl

U R THE BEST ..if u r front off me..i'll hug u
u r truly kind man

i hope many r the same..but sadly no Sad
i always like to help ppl and really really happy to c sombody helping me like this

i'll try this later and let u know<<<<<NOW IM FULL OF FOOD AND NEED BF3 ONLINE LOL

Just happy to help. Big Grin Lemme know if it works or if it doesn't.

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - jeremymd - 09-13-2012

HOLY CRAP!

In jpcsp settings, DISABLE DECODING OF INDEXED STRUCTURES(meaning unticked). After all the trial and error, NOW I find this. I will also reflect the changes on my main post.

AMAZING!

On another note, I recently tried running the game directly thru jpcsp while keeping the settings I configured thru the launcher. The game runs fine. No remarkable difference in performance itself. The big difference is a few moments into the game, emulator hangs. "Out of memory" error. Even in 64-bit. I am firmly convinced that this has something to do with being able to customize ResCodeCacheSize and MaxPermSize through the jpcsp launcher. Their default values are pretty small(64 and 128 respectively, I think). I would like to testify that not once has the 64 bit version complete stalled. It stutters on occasion, it stops a second or two(and I hold my breath) but still the game keeps playing.

So, if not for anything else, at least for this game, the jpcsp launcher provides stability. Excellent job, hyakki. Big Grin

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - kaicooper - 09-13-2012

jeremymd

hi bro..i'll just PM u

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - Cashan - 09-15-2012

Hey i cant get the launcher to launch the game:
If i have checked the use media engine in the settings of the launcher and not in the emulator it gives me the fake mpeg video screen
If i have checked the use media engine in the emulator and not in the launcher it gived me the critical error
If i have checked both the use media engine in launcher and the exmulator it gives me the critical error
If i have both unchecked it gives me the fake mpeg video screen

I am running 64 bit and have tried to follow the guideline steps from jeremynds post and also trying with default settings from the launcher.

What am i doing wrong?

RE: JPCSP Launcher [v1.7.0.8] - jeremymd - 09-16-2012

that's the "error" that I was talking about. it seems to be intermittent.

let me make sure first.

1. change the jpcsp settings USING THE LAUNCHER(just make any changes, and remember them)
2. save the settings.
3. reopen the configuration window and check if the settings you made are still there.

So, are they?