This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux and Sound
Greetings. This is my first post for this forum.

I am primarily an Ubuntu Linux user (12.10) who also can dual-boot with Windows 7. Both are 32bit. CPU is i3 2100, GPU is Nvidia GeForce 520. Here is my question/issue. It is not about speed, in fact, both Linux and Windows are fine at 60fps for speed. Screen loads fine, graphics are great!

Anyways, I am trying to play Final Fantasy 1 Anniversary. I can get sound just fine via Media Engine/Sonic Stage in Windows, but in Linux all I get is sound effects from the menus, but no game music. This is regardless of whether I check the Media Engine box or not. I am aware that no Sonic Stage is available natively for Linux (doesn't even work in Wine), and even with Ubuntu's many codecs and JSymphonic installed I get nothing from it. I am glad I have Windows available but I do prefer strongly to use my Linux when at all possible. Am I missing something on Linux?

Messages In This Thread
Linux and Sound - by DaTankAC - 11-03-2012, 11:11 PM
RE: Linux and Sound - by montcer9012 - 11-04-2012, 03:26 AM
RE: Linux and Sound - by hyakki - 11-04-2012, 05:48 AM
RE: Linux and Sound - by DaTankAC - 11-04-2012, 09:43 PM
RE: Linux and Sound - by montcer9012 - 11-04-2012, 11:42 PM
RE: Linux and Sound - by Enverex - 11-06-2012, 09:30 AM
RE: Linux and Sound - by hyakki - 11-06-2012, 09:51 AM
RE: Linux and Sound - by Enverex - 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM