This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random semi-hanging
I call it 'semi' because it's a wierd problem. Every so often, usually after playing for 20 minutes or so, the game hangs, but ONLY when it goes to load something, like a new screen or I'm trying to save the game. The wierd part is I can still activate menus and such in the game, I just can't move and the transition the game is trying to create, either to the save menu or to a new screen, never happens.

Is this just one of those emulator things we learn to cope with or is it something I specifically am doing wrong that I can troubleshoot? I have a fairly powerful computer, 4cpu 3.8ghz processor, 32 gigs of ram, 4 gig 6800 HD Radeon card (AMD), etc. I work with 3d art/animation so I needed a strong computer, and it's certainly able to handle that so I should think it can handle a PSP emulator as well. I've tried playing both with and without the jpcsp launcher and that doesn't seem to avoid the issue. Video settings for games obviously differs between them, the only options that are universal are the compiler, the soundstage setup and crypto. Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Random semi-hanging - by OuO - 11-17-2012, 07:22 PM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by hyakki - 11-17-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by OuO - 11-18-2012, 09:52 AM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by hyakki - 11-18-2012, 10:36 AM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by OuO - 11-18-2012, 06:11 PM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by OuO - 11-19-2012, 12:26 AM
Figured it out (kinda) - by OuO - 11-19-2012, 10:48 PM
RE: Random semi-hanging - by hyakki - 11-19-2012, 10:57 PM