This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for testing Compiler settings
OK, I just did some quick tests with

* Brandish
No crashes with 50 and 100, ingame fps unchanged at about 29 fps, responsiveness is not that much improved (because it already is very good) but the walking (for loading) is almost down to 0,5 sec. where normal is about 2 sec. and transistions between the stages is faster

* WWE 2010
No crashes with 50 and 100, ingame 8 fps (100) to 10 fps (50) to 5 fps (3000=normal), responsiveness improved to a point where it almost is too fast (with 50)

So this is an improvement over the last time I checked this. Maybe a simple input box would be good enough for testing purpose. How about a new Option menu "Advanced"?
(01-16-2011, 05:30 PM)gid15 Wrote:
Code:
Exception in thread "user_main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class: _S1_2_88232F4, method: s8823c48 signature: ()V) Register 0 contains wrong type
This should now be fixed in r1952.

Also, "God of War: Chains of Olympus" is pushing the graphics display on the PSP to its limit, and I guess that the poor performance on Jpcsp comes from the graphics engine. Changing "methodMaxInstructions" is only helping the performance of the Allegrex/Mips code and not the graphics. So, this feature is probably only helping games that have already a "decent" performance in Jpcsp (i.e. where the performance do not depend only on the graphics performance), to improve it a little bit. Any experience with "Crisis Core" or "The 3rd Birthday" that are reported to have a quite acceptable performance?

But reports from other games are also interesting Smile

No crash on 50 on 3rd Birthday, speed is almost unchanged, about 10 fps

EDIT: Tests with r1951
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit

Messages In This Thread
Request for testing Compiler settings - by gid15 - 01-15-2011, 09:15 PM
RE: Request for testing Compiler settings - by Darth1701 - 01-16-2011, 05:40 PM