This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphical Intensities
Hello!

First of all I would like to say thank you to the developers working hard on attempting to create a working PS3 emulator! I can imagine the process is incredibly difficult and time consuming.

I was wondering if the graphical intensities of games make the compilation any more or less tedious on the make up of the emulator?

I am a little shallow in intellect when it comes to exactly how the emulator works, I know that basically you are taking the hardware constructions of the console and turning that into script that allows PC hardware to compile the games.

I also know that RPCS3 hasn't quite gotten into actual gameplay quite yet, and there has been quite a bit of work and testing on Disgaea 4.

I suppose the reason I am curious about the graphical intensity being a factor, is because I was thinking about the compilation of a native PS3 game (any game naturally designed and released on the PS3) and the compilation of a game such as Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Remix(es).

I was thinking that it must take the same (or a similar at least) compilation process for the rereleases since they are native PS3 games now, but the graphical intensities and the game engine that the game performs in is much lower than that of newer native PS3 games. I also realize my last four paragraphs have begun with "I" lol sorry for that!

Anyway, I just wanted to ask about, or bring up the idea that maybe compiling a game like the KH 1.5 and 2.5 Remixes might be worthwhile to look into for compilation in comparison to another, more graphically intense game.

Any thoughts from leading devs or mods on this? Thanks in advance! Smile

Messages In This Thread
Graphical Intensities - by TyWillems19 - 08-01-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: Graphical Intensities - by ssshadow - 08-02-2015, 12:15 PM
RE: Graphical Intensities - by ZeCoxao - 08-02-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: Graphical Intensities - by TyWillems19 - 08-03-2015, 12:26 AM
RE: Graphical Intensities - by tambre - 08-03-2015, 06:12 AM
RE: Graphical Intensities - by TyWillems19 - 08-03-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: Graphical Intensities - by derpf - 08-03-2015, 04:21 PM
RE: Graphical Intensities - by TyWillems19 - 08-03-2015, 07:04 PM
RE: Graphical Intensities - by flashmozzg - 08-04-2015, 04:20 PM