This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aedis Eclipse - Generation of Chaos [USA] ULUS10242
it is stated as intro play only on compatibility list but i found this is playable on r1925 or before (at least i tried r1772).

This game would not start from r1926 onwards, getting black screen right at the begining.

r1925: (played 2 stages so far)

Use media engine
(not using sonic center for better gameplay -check below)
Shaders +2d rendering - seems better ?
(background black out seems to happens less) maybe just an illusion

fps 60, petty stable, everything smooth except no voice and mpeg audio stream (which can be enabled by sonic but the hanging bit from voice makes everything annoying)

1-3.jpg attached as sample

Several issues

Voice data cannot be decoded internally and cannot be decoded externally

not using sonic : Sound Thread Undecodable AT3+ data detected.
using sonic : AT3+ data could not be decoded by the external decoder.
this will cause HIMDRENDER.exe getting error and pop up "close application window" but it would not kill the emulator
I tried to replace the old himdrender with the new one from 1933+, that will be better without error but will give a "hang" on audio for a sec everytime there is a voice acting.

Background turns black after a period of time

looks like some error happened when i played Valkyria Chronicles II, which solved after turning up shaders options from r20xx onwards.
But I couldnt test this on any version higher than r1925, as the game doesnt run ~.~

attached 4.jpg for reference.

This issue can be kind of solved by saving frequently, so far restart->load game works fine for me.

r1926+ (up to 2042, none works)

attached the starting log from r1926 and r2042, basically couldnt get the game started as it blacks out.

Would be great if someone can figure how why it doesnt work from r1926+, difference between 1926 and 1925 was just (Improved the PSP Thread scheduling to better match the PSP. Based on test results from taskScheduler.prx)

if it can be run from latest version with new setting and such, maybe those problems are solved already.

Meanwhile it is still playable, just expect to restart and load game once a while.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.html   black screen r1926.html (Size: 21.07 KB / Downloads: 142)
.html   black screen r2042.html (Size: 19.93 KB / Downloads: 136)

Messages In This Thread
Aedis Eclipse - Generation of Chaos [USA] ULUS10242 - by dksopp - 03-26-2011, 09:33 AM