This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really good computer runs Dissidia at only 8FPS.
I'm not sure what the problem is. I downloaded the latest revision of JPCSP and tried multiple settings for Dissidia, but can't get it running over 8FPS.

During the menu screens I get 30-31 constantly, but as soon as the intro movie starts I drop down to 8FPS and it stays that way even in combat.

My computer specs are as followed:

CPU: Phenom II x4 940BE @3.4Ghz
GPU: Sapphire Toxic 6950 2GB @920/1450
Memory: 4GB DDR2 800
Bump. I noticed while playing the game my CPU isn't anywhere near 100% usage, and my Graphics card is going up to 500Mhz core and 1375Mhz memory clocks, which isn't even near it's max which is 920 and 1420.

Why, if the game is running at only an average of 15FPS, isn't it using more of my GPU and CPU?

EDIT: According to GPU-Z, my graphics card is at 0% usage while jpcsp is running. My PC runs fine in every other program/game.
Having the same issue but I have AMD X4 at 3.1 GHz and a GTX460 OC version. At most I got it to use near 60% of my GPU during Cloud's ex burst at the very end of the ex burst and it does seem that some maps are able to more fully utilize the GPU than others. Incidently, these maps are also the ones that of course give me the highest FPS (Planet's Core and Lunar Subterranae). These maps run around 50% GPU load on average-ish and I have a somewhat steady FPS around 20 although still nowhere near close to what I should experience given that I barely use 2 out of my 4 cores (CPU load is around 30%) and at most 50% GPU in most parts of the game.

FPS in Crisis Core is also as bad, but whereas Dissidia is meant to run at full speed at 30 Crisis Core runs at 60 so that's even worse... I should at least be able to get steady 40 for both with my spec.
I get the same exact results in Dissidia 012. Those two maps I get the most GPU usage and the most FPS, but still too slow to play with any enjoyment.

I can't for the life of me get this game running at an enjoyable frame rate. I've tried every combination of settings, different versions of JPCSP; different versions of Dissidia 012 ISOs, etc. I know my computer is powerful enough to play it since I see other people claim to run at full speed with slower processors and GPUs.

If anyone else has any idea how to get this game running at an average of 25+ FPS, please let me know.

Quote:I can't for the life of me get this game running at an enjoyable frame rate. I've tried every combination of settings, different versions of JPCSP; different versions of Dissidia 012 ISOs, etc. I know my computer is powerful enough to play it since I see other people claim to run at full speed with slower processors and GPUs.

This is what really annoys me as well. Or when I see people with similar specs at least getting 40+ FPS in most games and I struggle to get above 15 in some cases. Out of curiosity, if you play on Chaos' map (I forgot the name, Chaos Shrine?), do the background textures look very bright and blurry to you in many places instead of with "clear" colors? You can compare how it looks like to your original game or on Youtube. When I got my GTX460, this occurred to me and I believe one of the reasons why the FPS drops could be because of this. It looks like I run at max AA even though I got the option turned off both under nVidia panel and in JPCSP. I think the best example to describe what I mean is if you play as or against Sephiroth and you look at his sword. It "shines" more than what would be normal, as if Masamune is a light sword than an oversized katana.

I also played around with 64x yesterday and using SSE options and adding memory, but strangely enough, this added almost no visible performance boost even though you'd think that being able to use all of my cores would mean better performance. What was even more odd was that the CPU would occassionally spike up to 80% use or more but these spikes added absolutely zero in increased performance. I really don't understand how I can make JPCSP use my hardware more effectively. I haven't personally tried Duodecim on JPCSP yet but I suspect I would receive similar results. The only positive part is that 012 is also capped at 30 FPS.
I forgot I made this topic about Dissidia and not Dissidia 012. I can run Dissidia 012 at an average of 15FPS(Unplayable basically) and regular Dissidia at only an average of 8FPS(Even worse) so I gave up on it. As for Chaos Shrine, everything looks normal to me.

I tried Crisis Core and after fiddling with the settings I can get an average of 25-30FPS which is playable.
I would say there ism't much of a difference between Dissidia and 012, anyway.

Out of curiosity, what settings did you try for CC? I've also attempted to run CC but I gave up with I got 15 FPS or so after the intro which is definitely not playable to me. Also, did you try the latest rev? They added some features that will improve compability with AMD/ATI cards (no luck for me though seeing I am sitting on nVidia...).
What are you referring to when you say "CC"? And yes, I've tried the latest revisions but get the same exact performance. I can't get above an average of 15-20 FPS which is pretty unplayable on a fast paced game like this.
CC = Crisis Core.

Also, did you check the supported Catalyst drivers that are mentioned to work?
(10-18-2011, 06:59 PM)LeaT Wrote: CC = Crisis Core.

Also, did you check the supported Catalyst drivers that are mentioned to work?

I can play Crisis Core at an average of 25-30 FPS. It's actually quite playable. Also, where would I see the drivers supported?