This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - ULUS10068
Attached is a log from launch to gameplay using r2278. I performed some actions in gameplay (to cause sfx) but didn't see anything pop up in the log. Let me know if you need any more info for on this!

Attached Files
.txt   Log.txt (Size: 1.27 KB / Downloads: 63)
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
Updating the game thread to track recent game breaks. Here's the timeline and the EXACT revisions that caused the issues:

r2279 = Last good revision - as good as it's ever been. Only three outstanding issues were present: no sfx and you have to press START at boot (at the "Accessing" screen) to get cinamatic rolling. You also need "Only GE" to prevent the terrible stuttering which in turn causes black cinematics.

r2280=Cinamatics broken - all black. The one during boot and starting the game are both just black.

r2288=Now, the game halts when loading cinematics I guess. I have to select "Run" and then press START to bypass. This occurs twice to get the thing to the main menu. Once more after that to get into gameplay. Never seen anything like this before.

r2323=Still have to hit "Run" repeatidly to get ingame, cinematics are black and now the ingame gfx do not show - only the hud. Log attached of this from launch to gameplay.

Attached Files
.zip   Untitled.zip (Size: 73.73 KB / Downloads: 76)
.zip   More logs.zip (Size: 1.95 KB / Downloads: 82)
(09-26-2011, 03:42 AM)legend80 Wrote: Attached is a log from launch to gameplay using r2278. I performed some actions in gameplay (to cause sfx) but didn't see anything pop up in the log. Let me know if you need any more info for on this!

Just letting you know that I tried r2326 with ADSR envelop processing implemented and still no sfx in the game. I'm sure you guys will get it someday. It's the only "audio" issue in any my games left over. Far cry from how it was a year ago that's for sure. Smile
(10-02-2011, 06:55 PM)legend80 Wrote: Updating the game thread to track recent game breaks. Here's the timeline and the EXACT revisions that caused the issues:

r2279 = Last good revision - as good as it's ever been. Only three outstanding issues were present: no sfx and you have to press START at boot (at the "Accessing" screen) to get cinamatic rolling. You also need "Only GE" to prevent the terrible stuttering which in turn causes black cinematics.

r2280=Cinamatics broken - all black. The one during boot and starting the game are both just black.

r2288=Now, the game halts when loading cinematics I guess. I have to select "Run" and then press START to bypass. This occurs twice to get the thing to the main menu. Once more after that to get into gameplay. Never seen anything like this before.

r2323=Still have to hit "Run" repeatidly to get ingame, cinematics are black and now the ingame gfx do not show - only the hud. Log attached of this from launch to gameplay.

As of r2332, the only regression that remains with this game is the one from r2288 which causes the emu to halt repeatedily, forcing me to click on "RUN" several times in order to reach gameplay.
(10-08-2011, 08:03 AM)legend80 Wrote: As of r2332, the only regression that remains with this game is the one from r2288 which causes the emu to halt repeatedily, forcing me to click on "RUN" several times in order to reach gameplay.
Could you post a complete log?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(10-08-2011, 09:18 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(10-08-2011, 08:03 AM)legend80 Wrote: As of r2332, the only regression that remains with this game is the one from r2288 which causes the emu to halt repeatedily, forcing me to click on "RUN" several times in order to reach gameplay.
Could you post a complete log?

Here's my log from 2288. You can find logs from all the mentioned revisions above for comparisions if needed. Let me know if you need anything else for this! Thanks!

Attached Files
.txt   MM 2288log.txt (Size: 1.37 KB / Downloads: 64)
Any improvement with r2333?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(10-09-2011, 09:29 AM)gid15 Wrote:
Any improvement with r2333?

Indeed, all fixed! Thanks for resolving that! This game is back to being as good as ever in JPCSP.
Why does "Only GE" causes all cinematics in this game to be black? Sucks since you need that option enabled to have stable speeds/no stuttering.

I did also notice that the very first FMV auto plays fine now (with Only GE off you even get to see the gfx). Before the game would just halt on the "accessing" screen and you'd have to press START to bypass that particular video to continue (regardless of settings). So that's taken care of now! Smile

As everything stands now, to have "perfect" emulation of this game we need sfx fixed and either "Only GE"+cinamatics working or stable speeds with "Only GE" off. We're getting there!
The ones who got BGM playing, how did you make it? I'm using the latest revision (r2519) and no BGM is playing at all... Sad