This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installer is full of malware
I remember when JPCSP was an upcoming and promising program. Looks like the developers decided to sell their dirty little souls for some cash revenue because when I downloaded the installer for the latest revision on the main news page, my computer got infected with 5 or so trash programs.

Let this post serve as a warning to others. Don't download anything from these people again, or ever support their malicious cause. If you want to track a promising PSP emulator, then check out PPSSPP.

Thanks for wasting my time, JPCSP team. I hope you all burn for screwing hundreds of people over with your dirty malware.
(06-04-2013, 03:00 AM)Whydidyoudothistome Wrote: I remember when JPCSP was an upcoming and promising program. Looks like the developers decided to sell their dirty little souls for some cash revenue because when I downloaded the installer for the latest revision on the main news page, my computer got infected with 5 or so trash programs.

Let this post serve as a warning to others. Don't download anything from these people again, or ever support their malicious cause. If you want to track a promising PSP emulator, then check out PPSSPP.

Thanks for wasting my time, JPCSP team. I hope you all burn for screwing hundreds of people over with your dirty malware.

Hey wait a second, where did you get AN INSTALLER????

WE DON'T SUPPLY AN INSTALLER and we NEVER added malware to JPCSP.

If you are completely unaware how the downloading system works on download sites like rapidgator that we use then it is YOUR problem not ours. And we HAVE to use downloading sites because there is NO room for huge traffic whenever there is a new build. No space either. WE HAVE TO USE one of those services. You should avoid the suggestions to download downloaders and select the direct link which is a zip file. If you prefer not to mess with that then go to the source page on google code and download and compile the emulator your self.

Also next time you say we sell our souls take into account that we are struggling to meet server hosting costs and we pull all-nighters every time the server is attacked or overwhelmed of requests just to keep the site up and running for the emu COMMUNITY.

The only thing that you got right is that PPSSPP is a promising emulator and we are huge fans of that project just like any other emulator project out there.

Cheers you ignorant super noob. Accusing an OPEN SOURCE project of all that must be a new record of NOOBishness.
I totally agree with nickblame
JPCSP has never been supplied as an installer
the safest way is from the buildbot or the links on the front page
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
don't download it from sites like EmuCR and other sites like that
now please go and crawl back under your rock until you learn some appreciation and respect for the developers of JPCSP and the people who run this site for which they do it for free mind you and out of there own time and for the love of it
it is not like they are getting paid for there time and services
so please think next time before you start attacking them
Just a question,did someone hired you to say those things?As nickblame and nash67 said,there was never an installer,ever since it started jpcsp has been a zip file which you decompres with no need of installation.Could you provide thee link from where you got the installer?Also jpcsp devs would neverr do such things,come one how can nobody ever reported an installer?Thats because you've been fooled.Download jpcsp from the link nash67 gave as it has the latest rev and there's no malware.It's kinda disrepectful that after so much hard work comes someone attacking with no reason.Just don't do this anymore,noone had this problem as everyone downloaded jpcsp from the link posted by nash67
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
i think it's just a total noob, who got lured into the "rapidgator download manager" malware which is selected by default on every free download. as most noobs who don't read anything, he probably missed the text and just went 'OMG DOWNLOADOWNLOADOWNLOADOWNLOADOWNLOADOWNLOADOWNLOADOWNLOADOWNLOAD wait, virus?'

[Image: iek709H.png]

any time you see the word "downloader" or "download manager" you should automatically translate it into virus or malware.
I thought it might be that,sometimes I forget there are still noobs who don't fully understand things on the internet
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
You know what, I was gonna ignore this, but I can't. I was wrong.

I've never used rapidgator before and that stupid checkbox got the better of me.

Sorry for being a jagoff, JPCSP team.
Well you irritated us quite a bit but you do have a point that rapidgator can take advantage of you if you are not careful.

Unfortunately rapidgator is the only service that we've managed to automate the process of uploading from command line so we don't really have an alternative at the moment :/ (actually it is done through cygwin on windows, if anyone has something else in mind please enlighten us!)

Anyway no harm done, cheers :>
First time I used RapidGator I didn't see the checkbox for the download manager, switched to JDownloader when it tried to give me an exe for a video file.

By the way there are command line tools for mega, so you may want to look into that. I've found Megatools which seems to have a decent amount of features.
huh so Kim is back on track? I see. Well I'll look into that too then. Thanks Air_gamer!