This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
question about delay
hi :l
first gz for the work done
btw there is a hard flood on the old forum, mb u should check this.. or not if you dont care :l

my question/problem is i tried to launch pong, it works, but when i move there is like a 2 second delay. is this normal due to "slow" java ? or maybe this is due to my computer ?

i have read the faq and searched out for answer with no success so i ask here :l ty
i really think this is due to java now, at least this is not my computer Smile
Its a problem related to r1670. Try with r1669
ok, thx for your answer , i go try it Smile
only 0.5sec delay now, so its good for pong
(07-14-2010, 01:10 PM)hapower Wrote: ok, thx for your answer , i go try it Smile
only 0.5sec delay now, so its good for pong
This problem should be fixed in r1681. Could you try again?
i will try it right now Smile
but im affraid my computer is not a "reference" for make test cause my comp is noob :-(
ok, i just tried and its like there is 0 delay in pong, gj :y
hi again, i up my topic for say a thing about delay

i will speak about a commercial game, so first i precise that i have a psp with game like patapon, crisis core (both clear Dodgy ), age of zombies, etc.

so, with the fix of this topic, pong is near perfect (no delay), but with a basic "playable" game, like age of zombies for example, delay is still here (about 2sec) + in the first wave of zombies, fps go mass down => unplayable.
tried the last build version.
So i wonder if this is because my pc sucks, or because there is something left to fix concerning the delay.