This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP video
You didn't quite understand,here let me explain:The devs decided to make jpcsp not because of speed or portability but because they wanted a challenge and also because jpcsp uses opengl instead of directx.Saying those things is like throwing a rock at the devs.I think there was a C++ emu named potemkin or so but it didn't quite make it,now I remember there was a C++ emulator named pcsp but it will be rewritten.My point is,whatever you or anyone says please at least show a little respect for the devs who made jpcsp
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Don't get me wrong, jpcsp developers have all my respect for creating an emulator written in java. Next time they need to do another psp emulator written in pascal or delphi because they sure will get a challenge out of it too.

And yeah, i don't usually bite the hands that feeds me but there are some serious hardcore fanboy jpcsp users out there that think that java is teh shiz niz and i encountered some of them already.

My point still stands, once PPSSPP mature enough there won't be any other reason to keep using jpcsp anymore, unless you're a java fan that is.

Anyway, i was expecting more of an outrage with this trolling in the jpcsp forum.
Well there isn't anything that can outrage me.I'm not a hradcore fan but I will still use jpcsp,you know why?Because ppsspp crashes on my pc so I can't use it.Not all the people who will remain with jpcsp means that they're fan boys
(06-18-2013, 06:46 PM)virgil94 Wrote: I will still use jpcsp,you know why?Because ppsspp crashes on my pc so I can't use it.

Whatever floats your boat, the only reason PPSSPP crashes and have less compatibility is because it only have 1 year in development while jpcsp have 5.

Once PPSSPP mature it won't crash anymore and anyone in their right mind won't use jpcsp unless you're a java fan, like apple fanboys.

My trolling here is done.
Nope,it crashes because I have an integrated video grafics card
It's funny how you assume that anyone that tries to defend JPCSP is a Java fanboy. Java is not my cup of tea at all for a programming choice but people from many sites such as EmuCR and random EmuNewz users give JPCSP a lot of flack for no reason. Here is a post from Hykem from another thread:
(04-18-2013, 05:09 PM)Hykem Wrote: Ok, wait a second here. Cursed?
I'm really not understanding all this JPCSP vs. PPSSPP thing anymore.
Those regressions on SAVEDATA were caused by new findings on a real PSP, but not all games work in the same way. It's not easy to implement new discoveries without report logs and tests. I've only managed to properly implement this after several logs were posted reporting the new error.

Now something a bit off-topic, but necessary to post.
JPCSP was created to prove that you could make a decent emulator for a recent gaming platform using Java. It's original goal was to be a debugging utility for developers, not a full emulator to run games.
There's no point on comparing the two emulators because an emulator coded in C/C++ WILL always be faster than JPCSP. We keep working on this project mostly for investigational purposes.
In a near future it's pretty obvious that PPSSPP will be the emulator of choice for the regular user, but it somewhat saddens me that people will pretty much drop JPCSP and forget all the work that was done to reverse engineer the PSP. Honestly, gid alone managed to find, test and implement features that were pretty much undocumented before.

JPCSP is now the most accurate documentation of the PSP system and if you check PPSSPP's commits you will see a lot of code based on it.
Don't get me wrong, PPSSPP has great coders behind it (Henrik, [UNKNOWN], tpunix, just to state a few), but it's also open-source.
A lot of the fast progress of PPSSPP is due to JPCSP's findings (e.g.: In https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/blob/...Font/PGF.h the comment clearly states that it was ported from JPCSP's PGF, which was reversed by gid).

Since both projects are open-source there's nothing wrong in having both projects exchanging code, but it's not really fair to have people comparing them. At least not in this way.
JPCSP is kind of like the San Antonio Spurs while PPSSPP are like the Miami Heat. On November 1, 2012 when PPSSPP first started, people were acting like it's The Decision and only wanted this program to succeed. In a perfect world, both development teams would want users to use both JPCSP and PPSSPP. Any emulation user should want any project to succeed no matter what choice the desired programming language may be. It's too bad that there are so many cynical people around the world who enjoy bashing what is not the common standard.

PPSSPP is not too good with Integrated Graphics Card like Intel or with archaic cards that have OpenGL below a certain version. Most of the time PPSSPP will crash on startup because of it.

I apologize for this off-topic post but I felt this needed to be addressed. Hopefully this can finally get back on topic.
people like that guy make me wish i could set up a "emulator wars bullshit and flame war instigation will result in a ban" rule here. but in the end that's for the admin to decide, not a regular moderator, so lol.
(06-18-2013, 06:24 PM)Resus Wrote: Don't get me wrong, jpcsp developers have all my respect for creating an emulator written in java. Next time they need to do another psp emulator written in pascal or delphi because they sure will get a challenge out of it too.

And yeah, i don't usually bite the hands that feeds me but there are some serious hardcore fanboy jpcsp users out there that think that java is teh shiz niz and i encountered some of them already.

My point still stands, once PPSSPP mature enough there won't be any other reason to keep using jpcsp anymore, unless you're a java fan that is.

Anyway, i was expecting more of an outrage with this trolling in the jpcsp forum.

Pascal or delphi really? Let me remind you that Java is newer than c/c++ so your argument really sucks. Other than that, please read the post by Hykem and go battle the Java fanboys elsewhere. And btw we all like PPSSPP too.
Wow I never expected this thread to carry out like this, I'm sorry I posted. I was just wondering why JPCSP can't increase the internal resolution like PPSSPP can which makes a big difference in image quality. It was mostly out of curiosity that I posted this question in the first place, I was expecting an answer like "Java is not capable or way too slow" or "the authors decided against it" or something like that. Even though I don't fully understand the technical side of things, I still love to read about it and try to understand anyway. I didn't think it would become a war between "which is better". Sad

This is far from my intentions, both are great emulators. And with JPCSP being the first emulator to have such a high compatibility and being open source, it deserves a great deal of respect and allowed other projects to blossom.

I can appreciate the amount of time that goes into any emulator that emulates any hardware system, it's a feat that few can successfully accomplish. I give a lot of props to the JPCSP team for coming this far, and leaving it open source so others can learn from the code. I know I used the phrase "blow out of the water" and I now regret that, it's my own selfishness for "HQ graphics" that led to the usage of that phrase (plus I was having a bad day) and I'm sorry. I love emulation, and I would never want to deter any author from making improvements to their emulator. I am grateful for the amount of time they put into it to make it possible.
Bighead, I don't know if you missed it, gid15 told you how to enable HD graphics.
Jpcsp does support it, it just that it's options are not really new user friendly, as evident by this topic.
"Enable GE screen to textures" should mention that it enables higher internal resolutions, and option to change resolutions should either be fixed or removed, since it was nothing but a black screen for me too when used