This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
JPCSP for Dummies
Hi, I'm having some problems with sound. I'm playing Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (I realize not a lot of people are playing this game anymore, but I'd appreciate any help at all please).

I followed all of the steps in the first post, and the voices work. But right before every character starts to speak, the sound cuts out for a split second, and it's been getting hard to ignore.

My second problem is when many of the character sprites appear on screen (it could be all of them), a thin black line runs across the screen over their head, and it disappears when they disappear, so I think it's a graphics problem. My video settings are configured this way:

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p625...2d9e77.png

I've heard from other people that the game ran perfectly for them. So is there a solution for these problems? My jpcsp version is 3315.
(07-25-2013, 12:27 AM)AkiKaede Wrote: Hi, I'm having some problems with sound. I'm playing Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (I realize not a lot of people are playing this game anymore, but I'd appreciate any help at all please).

I followed all of the steps in the first post, and the voices work. But right before every character starts to speak, the sound cuts out for a split second, and it's been getting hard to ignore.

My second problem is when many of the character sprites appear on screen (it could be all of them), a thin black line runs across the screen over their head, and it disappears when they disappear, so I think it's a graphics problem. My video settings are configured this way:

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p625...2d9e77.png

I've heard from other people that the game ran perfectly for them. So is there a solution for these problems? My jpcsp version is 3315.
You will probably need to provide a log from JPCSP in order to fix the sound problems you have with this game (either post it here or in the dedicated game thread). You should also list your computer specifications. Taking a look at the picture that you have provided, I believe that you have activated too many options under the Video tab. I think the culprit is "Enable VAO" since some graphics cards have problems with enabling this option. Another possibility could be the option "Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering."
Thanks for the reply DragonNeos.

I tried changing those two options as you said, but unfortunately there was no change. Here are the specs for my computer:

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5462 @ 2.80GHz
GPU: GeForce 8800 GT
Memory: 7.99 GB

My graphics drivers are up to date. I also have 2 logs included.
One with version 3315, and the other with version 3327.

Out of curiosity, I tried using PPSSPP to run Hakuouki and the sound problem was gone, but the graphics problem was still there. PPSSPP seems to be a little faster too.

I also tried using the latest version of jpcsp, which is 3327. I noticed that if I stretched the window the right way, the black line running across the screen would disappear. If I stretched the screen certain other ways, the line would get darker and if I fullscreen it, the line is still there. No matter how I stretch the screen size in version 3315, the black line over the character's head is always there.

As the tutorial says, I have the "atrac3plus2wav" file and the "atracplug.dll" file (from Sound Forge 9.0e) in the folder "lib/windows-x86" in the jpcsp folder. Because the sound worked much better in PPSSPP, I tried replacing the "atracplug.dll" with the sound file PPSSPP uses, "at3plusdecoder.dll"
And when I tested it, there was no stuttering or clipping with the voices at first. But after a few minutes of playing, all of the sound stopped working, and the game itself would freeze up.

Here are some pictures of the black line I've been talking about. I know it may seem almost barely visible in the pictures, but it's a lot more noticeable to me while playing.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/j312.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/5l2s.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/vcw.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/50s.png/

Again, any help at all is appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files
.rar   jpcsp - Hakuouki logs.rar (Size: 16.56 KB / Downloads: 82)
(07-29-2013, 12:08 AM)AkiKaede Wrote: Thanks for the reply DragonNeos.

I tried changing those two options as you said, but unfortunately there was no change. Here are the specs for my computer:

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5462 @ 2.80GHz
GPU: GeForce 8800 GT
Memory: 7.99 GB

My graphics drivers are up to date. I also have 2 logs included.
One with version 3315, and the other with version 3327.

Out of curiosity, I tried using PPSSPP to run Hakuouki and the sound problem was gone, but the graphics problem was still there. PPSSPP seems to be a little faster too.

I also tried using the latest version of jpcsp, which is 3327. I noticed that if I stretched the window the right way, the black line running across the screen would disappear. If I stretched the screen certain other ways, the line would get darker and if I fullscreen it, the line is still there. No matter how I stretch the screen size in version 3315, the black line over the character's head is always there.

As the tutorial says, I have the "atrac3plus2wav" file and the "atracplug.dll" file (from Sound Forge 9.0e) in the folder "lib/windows-x86" in the jpcsp folder. Because the sound worked much better in PPSSPP, I tried replacing the "atracplug.dll" with the sound file PPSSPP uses, "at3plusdecoder.dll"
And when I tested it, there was no stuttering or clipping with the voices at first. But after a few minutes of playing, all of the sound stopped working, and the game itself would freeze up.

Here are some pictures of the black line I've been talking about. I know it may seem almost barely visible in the pictures, but it's a lot more noticeable to me while playing.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/j312.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/5l2s.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/vcw.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/50s.png/

Again, any help at all is appreciated. Thanks.
Well, it's not a surprise that JPCSP would freeze since gid15 didn't implement code to try to use at3plusdecoder.dll. After taking a look at your pictures, can you try r3258 and see if you still get that line problem (aiya, that line is hard to see)? If the line problem still shows up, you will need to redo your log since you activated both "Ignore" options and have the Maximum method size at 50. You can use my Settings.Properties file if you want for logging.

Attached Files
.7z   JPCSP Settings.7z (Size: 2.01 KB / Downloads: 99)
If someone can't open the JPCSP because when you open it it says Java is not recognized or something even if you have installed the java correctly, and you java version is 7 and installed in default directory, then follow my tutorial.
!!!Only for Windows user!!!
first, you need to edit the .bat file in the main JPCSP directory (with notepad)
Then, you need to replace all of the:
\jre6\
into:
\jre7\
after that, save it and try to open it again. Wait for a few minutes and BAM! It's working!
For those who installed java on custom folder and don't want to mess the batch file, just reinstall the java and place the installation folder in the default directory. Because it's kinda complicated.

(The reason I do this It's because I have the same problem and I understand Batch language)
@DragonNeos - Okay, I tried using r3258 but the problems are still there. I switched out my settings.properties file for the one you uploaded, but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with the JPCSP Launcher file. I'm sorry for the late reply. Hope you can still help...

I also have the log attached.

Attached Files
.txt   JPCSP r3258 - Hakuouki.txt (Size: 32.17 KB / Downloads: 76)
The JPCSP Launcher file was only needed if you use the program for logging. Anyway, I am not sure which revision caused the glitch with the lines in random areas. Either this glitch has always existed in JPCSP or was broken with a revision in the last few months. You need to experiment on your own with older revisions to find out which revision was the last one to show correct behavior for the game. You don't need to experiment with every single older revision; try every 25 revisions like r3200, then r3175 and so on. If you do find out which exact revision was the final one to not have the glitch, try to make a log between that revision and the latest revision so that gid15 can fix it.
so atrac3plus2wav.exe + atracplug.dll (from sound forge 10) not yet work. Must use previous version (9.0).
or anyone had success with latest version?
Mobo:Gigabyte (GA-78LMT-USB3) CPU:AMD FX-6300 RAM:G-Skill 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800 VGA:Sapphire R7 265 2GB OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
it probably won't work unless someone updates the exe. it's closed source and pretty old, so i wouldn't count on it.

there's not much reason to anyway, 9.0's dll works perfectly fine. besides, 10.0 is still not outdated, so it gets updated. an update has the chance of breaking compatibility, that's probably why they went with the 9.0 series. they're not being updated anymore, so their drivers will always work since it can't change anymore.
i know this thread is old but i really need help after downloading jpcsp i got so many problems about it and this whole thread really help me but it leaves me 2 annoying problems...

1 I Cant Play it On full Screen Or Its Impossible To Play In Full Screen At Full Speed?
2 The Most Annoying Is The Problem Is When Im Playing Final Fantasy Dissidia In The Middle Of The battle The Voice And Sound Effects Are Gone So Anyone Can Help????