This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
JPCSP for Dummies
(08-12-2013, 02:28 AM)Agent Wrizj Wrote: If someone can't open the JPCSP because when you open it it says Java is not recognized or something even if you have installed the java correctly, and you java version is 7 and installed in default directory, then follow my tutorial.
!!!Only for Windows user!!!
first, you need to edit the .bat file in the main JPCSP directory (with notepad)
Then, you need to replace all of the:
\jre6\
into:
\jre7\
after that, save it and try to open it again. Wait for a few minutes and BAM! It's working!
For those who installed java on custom folder and don't want to mess the batch file, just reinstall the java and place the installation folder in the default directory. Because it's kinda complicated.

(The reason I do this It's because I have the same problem and I understand Batch language)

You saved my life!*-*
Java reinstalled three times and was getting mad @____@
(09-28-2013, 04:53 AM)wilruckyou Wrote: i know this thread is old but i really need help after downloading jpcsp i got so many problems about it and this whole thread really help me but it leaves me 2 annoying problems...

1 I Cant Play it On full Screen Or Its Impossible To Play In Full Screen At Full Speed?
2 The Most Annoying Is The Problem Is When Im Playing Final Fantasy Dissidia In The Middle Of The battle The Voice And Sound Effects Are Gone So Anyone Can Help????

1. JPCSP is a modern emulator and requires a lot of CPU power to run smoothly. While the team has done a lot of improvements in this area, how smooth the games will run ultimately depends on your computer. Resolution is one of the areas that will greatly affect your FPS (how smooth the game runs), and some games utilize 60, others 30. Full screen play at 60 FPS is therefore very demanding on the processor power, so it is likely that your computer is too weak to run whatever game you are trying to run in full screen.

2. Not sure what's causing this. You might need to provide a log so one of the developers can help to pinpoint the issue. I've never had issues with sound in Dissidia, and you shouldn't have issues if you followed the instructions in the OP and assuming you run on a Windows computer.
Hello, it seems I'm having a weird problem with the sound with the new build.

So, I had a game I was trying to get to run. I had a 32-bit r3262 of the emu which i have used for a few other games. I have had SonicStage and SoundForge installed as well. Sound works although the game's speed is pretty slow.

I then tried the latest 64-bit r3407 and found that in this new version, I'm not getting any BGM playback at all although movie and sound effect do work. The game also plays with acceptable speed. I have always been able to use newer versions of the emu without any problem.

So, I then followed what was written in this thread regarding sound setup and downloaded SonicStage, atrac3pluswav as well as atracplug.dll. I have also uninstalled my old SonicStage before installing the ones given from this thread. In the end, I still am not getting any sound.

I have checked Use Media Engine, Decode audio files.....My OS is Win 7, with 4GB RAM. I also have Java 7 for both 32 and 64-bit.

I have also tested the game again using the old r3262 after installing the new SonicStage and the atrac files and I do get sound there.

So, am I the only having this problem? As it is, I'm stuck with either playing the game without sound or having sound in exchange of speed.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Edit: I managed to get BGM...after a battle. But when I try to reload the game, sound's off again. It's back on again after I finished a battle and promptly disappears upon changing maps.
You need to provide an INFO Log and the name of the game that currently has audio problems. Try to also reference the latest revision that had the game with the audio working correctly.
Hey I'm a newbie here so pardon my ignorance. I'm encountering a strange issue with running my games. I can usually run the games the first time I try, but then the next time I try to run them I get "critical error, see console". Any tips? Should I post a log? Thank you for your patience.
(11-01-2013, 03:41 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: You need to provide an INFO Log and the name of the game that currently has audio problems. Try to also reference the latest revision that had the game with the audio working correctly.

It's Eiyuu Densetsu Sora no Kiseki the 3rd.
How do you get the INFO log?
For the old version I used that has sound working correctly, the folder name is jpcsp-3262-windows-x86.

The new version which is having sound problems is jpcsp-3407-windows-amd64.

Thanks.
(10-31-2013, 12:49 PM)Luin Wrote: Hello, it seems I'm having a weird problem with the sound with the new build.

So, I had a game I was trying to get to run. I had a 32-bit r3262 of the emu which i have used for a few other games. I have had SonicStage and SoundForge installed as well. Sound works although the game's speed is pretty slow.

I then tried the latest 64-bit r3407 and found that in this new version, I'm not getting any BGM playback at all although movie and sound effect do work. The game also plays with acceptable speed. I have always been able to use newer versions of the emu without any problem.

So, I then followed what was written in this thread regarding sound setup and downloaded SonicStage, atrac3pluswav as well as atracplug.dll. I have also uninstalled my old SonicStage before installing the ones given from this thread. In the end, I still am not getting any sound.

I have checked Use Media Engine, Decode audio files.....My OS is Win 7, with 4GB RAM. I also have Java 7 for both 32 and 64-bit.

I have also tested the game again using the old r3262 after installing the new SonicStage and the atrac files and I do get sound there.

So, am I the only having this problem? As it is, I'm stuck with either playing the game without sound or having sound in exchange of speed.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Edit: I managed to get BGM...after a battle. But when I try to reload the game, sound's off again. It's back on again after I finished a battle and promptly disappears upon changing maps.

I'm not getting any bgm either. I'm playing a different game, but all the sound is fine save for the bgm. Note I'm using 3408
Hello again,

This time I'm using 3428 and tested it with Zero no Kiseki as well as other games.
I am still not getting any BGM although sound effect and voice clips are working. I have checked Use Media Engine and Decode Audio Files.
I have followed all the steps in main page, putting atrac3pluswav as well as atracplug.dll where they should be.

Edit: Just like before, I suddenly get BGM after finishing a battle, but it only lasts until the next battle or a new music is supposed to play.

If I check extract media files, the emulator does extract the bgm files as .at3, .oma and .wav. Does this mean that the emulator somehow could extract and convert but unable to play?

Just to cover all possible causes,
Could it be caused by wrong install location of the Sonic Stage?
Could it be that I have to specify the path to the Sonic Stage in one of the emulator's bat file?
Could it be that I have to run the Sonic Stage before running the emulator?

Thanks in advance.

Edit 2: Here's the INFO log which should show the BGM playing after battle but stopping once another battle started.

Attached Files
.7z   log.7z (Size: 7.15 KB / Downloads: 86)
Zero no Kiseki has LBA Protection. That may be why you not getting any BGM
(01-06-2014, 04:14 PM)onelight Wrote: Zero no Kiseki has LBA Protection. That may be why you not getting any BGM

I see, but I managed to get BGM to work fine in an earlier version though (3262).
But at the cost of some video problems. This BGM not working also happens with other games which worked in old versions of the emulator so it's not just game-specific problem I think.

So, the old version worked fine the Sonic Stage obtained from page 1 but not the new version. Could it be that I need another software like Sound Forge?