This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - ULUS10515
(05-06-2012, 08:40 AM)Assiduouss Wrote: I have tried but with it off i get the save data error then gets the reload retire loop a bit later......

i had this error too. u need to use the 32bit version of jpcsp, in the 64bit version it gives me this error.Wink

my problem is that i dont have audio in the background, but i had seen video of vc2 in youtube with audio (i already actived media engine and decode audio with sonic stage), whats going onHuh
it works, do this:

1- start the game with your psps, create a save file
2- import the save to JPCSP
3- the game will load and give you a msg something like "this save is blablabla and the DLC will be disabled"

but the game works perfectly fine

about the audio the game works with audio in some revisions, you can just use you PSP to decrypt the audio, it will work, but some songs won't loop, in some newer revisions you will have problems with the audio being to fast or too slow, and voices too Smile, so just try a old one
For people who have trouble with the "Reload" and "Retire" screen, I had the exact same problem. It can be fixed by downloading a x32 bit version and a launcher which can be found on this site. Good luck and have fun.
Hello
I have problems with Valkyria Chronicles 2, whenever there is a cut scene that tries to play out the game will crash, also the area navigation at the academy and during a battle are both displayed in black and white.

Edit: Thanks for moving it.

Also this is happening now:
Code:
413280    CriThread    ERROR    runtime    Catched Throwable in RuntimeThread:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
        at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.switchRealThread(RuntimeContext.java:394)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.switchThread(RuntimeContext.java:428)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.update(RuntimeContext.java:384)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.ThreadManForUser.internalContextSwitch(ThreadManForUser.java:555)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.ThreadManForUser.contextSwitch(ThreadManForUser.java:581)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.ThreadManForUser.hleRescheduleCurrentThread(ThreadManForUser.java:642)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.ThreadManForUser.hleRescheduleCurrentThread(ThreadManForUser.java:664)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.ThreadManForUser.hleKernelThreadEnterWaitState(ThreadManForUser.java:786)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.ThreadManForUser.hleKernelThreadEnterWaitState(ThreadManForUser.java:739)
        at jpcsp.HLE.kernel.managers.EventFlagManager.hleKernelWaitEventFlag(EventFlagManager.java:309)
        at jpcsp.HLE.kernel.managers.EventFlagManager.sceKernelWaitEventFlagCB(EventFlagManager.java:331)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.ThreadManForUser.sceKernelWaitEventFlagCB(ThreadManForUser.java:2494)
        at _S1_2_8CB10C8.s(_S1_2_8CB10C8.java:4)
        at _S1_2_8C3B414.s(_S1_2_8C3B414.java:44)
        at _S1_2_8C32594.s(_S1_2_8C32594.java:12)
        at _S1_2_8C32594.exec(_S1_2_8C32594.java)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.jumpCall(RuntimeContext.java:147)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.call(RuntimeContext.java:197)
        at _S1_2_8C3C2DC.s(_S1_2_8C3C2DC.java:160)
        at _S1_2_8C3C2DC.exec(_S1_2_8C3C2DC.java)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.jumpCall(RuntimeContext.java:147)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.call(RuntimeContext.java:197)
        at _S1_2_8C3C5E4.s(_S1_2_8C3C5E4.java:68)
        at _S1_2_8C3C5E4.exec(_S1_2_8C3C5E4.java)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.execWithReturnAddress(RuntimeContext.java:653)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.runThread(RuntimeContext.java:689)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeThread.run(RuntimeThread.java:50)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_r2656(32bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 15.83 KB / Downloads: 77)
It's been a while since I last played this game(some revisions ago) but on my system it was fully playable.
From the settings 'Use only GE Grapics' made the most impact(have you played around with the settings already?).

You might try theese settings as suggested by hyakki earlier in this thread:

[-] = Unchecked || [x] = Checked

|Video|
[x] Only GE graphhics (not recommended for homebrew)
[-] Use vertex cache
[x] Use shaders (experimental) # (NVIDIA Speedup) | (ATI Buggy / Disable)
[x] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[-] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[-] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[x] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[-] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[x] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders rec for AMD/ATI)

|Media|
[x] Use Media Engine (Works only with 32bit JPCSP)
[-] Extract media files to tmp folder
[x] Decode audio files with sonic stage (you must have ss installed for this to work)
[-] Use non-native fonts from flash0 folder

|Compiler|
[x] Use compiler (dynarec)
[-] Output profiler into to profiler.txt (only for compiler)
[100] Maximum method size

Other than that, you might try using JPCSP-Launcher, it really improved playability for me.
I actually did try those settings, but I had to enable "Use vertex cache" which prevented some crashes and I also enabled "Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)" because without that one during battles the person would not show up all that would show up is a floating gun. What kind of settings would you suggest for JPCSP-Launcher.

Could my specs maybe a problem?
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core QL-62 (2.0 GHZ)
RAM: 3.00 GB (2.75 GB usable)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
ATI Graphic Cards are know to perform bad with jpcsp. Newer vesrions of the driver seem to work better though.
So I would recommend looking for newer graphic drivers.
I'm still having problems with the audio not syncing (too fast, too slow, kind of glitchy). Is it because of a too recent emulator build? Can anyone recommend a build of the emulator that ran the game without this issue, or a setting change that works? I'm using Media Engine and decoding with SoundStage. Extracting to tmp folder seems to make no difference at all.

Aside from that, a lot of people seem to be having an issue with the beginning, create save data on an endless cycle. For me, it was a serious facepalm moment, and I know other people are doing the same thing I did too. You gotta press O, not X, to advance menus in this game. People are hitting X (bound to S) and it's the cancel button, so it creates an endless loop. Just hit O (bound to D), and it fixes it. I forgot that the PS3 version was like that.
I am currently trying to play Valkyria Chronicles 2 on r2718.

The game is absolutely playable but one major problem i am having. every now and then my game will lock up and the FPS will show as 1000 inside jpcsp.

video: vertex cache
---disable optimized vertex info
Memory: ignore invalid memory
Media : use media engine
-- Decode with soundstage
Compiler: use
---max size i have tried all

my rig:
Crossfired radeon 6850
AMD FX 8150
32GB memory
Wn7 x64

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES™ II - ULUS10515
using r 2751
goes ingame but in the logger was

2028 GUI WARN loader Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AD0 [0x049D3ECE] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
2028 GUI WARN loader Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AD8 [0x110E318B] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
2028 GUI WARN loader Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AE0 [0x2EC3F4D9] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
2028 GUI WARN loader Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AE8 [0x7ADA3927] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
2028 GUI WARN loader Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AF0 [0x86DEBD66] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
2028 GUI WARN loader Failed to map import at 0x08CB0AF8 [0xA0EAF444] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)
2028 GUI WARN loader Failed to map import at 0x08CB0B00 [0xB03FF882] Module 'scesupPreAcc'(attempt 1)

Attached Files
.zip   log.html.zip (Size: 4.29 KB / Downloads: 99)