This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - ULUS10515
I wanted to do some more tests to reduce the number of potential culprits in this ADX problem, so first I compared various ADX files, those which work and those which don't. However I only found out that both use same file format (compression, frequency rate, etc.). I wanted to check which ones ffmpeg can handle, but unfortunately I can't. ADX isn't even on the list of supported formats in ffmpeg (the one provided with jpcsp). But... adpcm_adx is avilable as a codec in said ffmpeg. I was starting to wonder how exactly ASF/ADX support is handled in jpcsp (though it works to some extent).
(from wikipedia) "FFmpeg also has ADX support implemented, however, its decoder is hard coded so can only properly decode 44100 Hz ADXs."
^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_%28file_format%29

http://www.hcs64.com/vgm_ripping.html -> "adx2wavmod3v2 is a modification to bero's adx2wav which is much more accurate, especially with frequencies other than 44.1 kHz. Doesn't handle loops, just a straight decoder." <- this program includes the source might be interesting to look at...

Back to Jpcsp, I disabled the media engine and it still plays the voice audio in Valkyria Chronicles 2 so that means Jpcsp is not using ffmpeg, it must have its own internal decoder.
(04-14-2011, 10:20 AM)hyakki Wrote: (from wikipedia) "FFmpeg also has ADX support implemented, however, its decoder is hard coded so can only properly decode 44100 Hz ADXs."
^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_%28file_format%29

I've seen that., that's why I checked file headers if the ADX files contain 44.1kHz streams. I also made sure those were adpcm streams and not MPEG2 ones. It appears ffmpeg included with jpcsp can't parse ADX files (container), but can decode ADX adpcm stream.

(04-14-2011, 10:20 AM)hyakki Wrote: Back to Jpcsp, I disabled the media engine and it still plays the voice audio in Valkyria Chronicles 2 so that means Jpcsp is not using ffmpeg, it must have its own internal decoder.

That is quite interesting.
I'm a little confuse, it seems the game works 4 everyone.

I can't even start a new game because there is no way i can create the autosaving file Sad someone know how to create it?

rev 2078
(04-14-2011, 02:55 PM)Watermagician Wrote: I'm a little confuse, it seems the game works 4 everyone.

I can't even start a new game because there is no way i can create the autosaving file Sad someone know how to create it?

rev 2078

Can you describe your problem more precisely?

Autosavegame is something which the game creates.

Edit: I think I know what you're referring to. It seems one of the last revisions broke autosave creation. Use an older revision (I was able to tun the game on r2073).
Also it would be nice if you could tell us how\if music works for you and if java.exe task has a memory leak (gradually consumes more memory) while running this game via jpcsp (you can check that using task manager).
I took some pictures...
When the game starts the following message appears

Up to this point the following two messages appear no matter what i took the game doesn't start. Sad

EDIT: Log added

.html   log.html (Size: 54.58 KB / Downloads: 119)

I don't know if it helps, but maybe someone could upload some savedata aftert starting a new game =O
(04-14-2011, 06:13 PM)Szarikow Wrote: Edit: I think I know what you're referring to. It seems one of the last revisions broke autosave creation. Use an older revision. I was able to tun the game on r2073.
Also it would be nice if you could tell us how\if music works for you and if java.exe task has a memory leak (gradually consumes more memory) while running this game via jpcsp (you can check that using task manager).
I bet the game uses a software decoder for the ADX format. Easier than recompressing the original audio files that I bet are now lost. So it's not a ffmpeg related problem.
At one point I got a lot of errors while using revision 2081 when starting Valkyria Chronicles 2, but that must been one time problem (now everything works fine). So it means that I don't know the solution to Watermagician's problem (though you could still try using an older revision).

As for the ADX audio, I suspect that most of BGMs are in a different format or\and in a different file than OD_STREAM.AFS . Only 4 or so of ingame BGMs are found in said file (other streams are more of sound effects than BGMs).

(04-15-2011, 12:10 AM)Orphis Wrote: I bet the game uses a software decoder for the ADX format. Easier than recompressing the original audio files that I bet are now lost. So it's not a ffmpeg related problem.

That's quite interesting. I guess I was checking ffmpeg needlessly.
(04-14-2011, 06:26 PM)Watermagician Wrote: I took some pictures...
When the game starts the following message appears

Up to this point the following two messages appear no matter what i took the game doesn't start. Sad

EDIT: Log added

I don't know if it helps, but maybe someone could upload some savedata aftert starting a new game =O
You are using a different version of the game (ULES01417). This is why you get a different behavior than reported by other testers.

Code:
sceUtilitySavedataInitStart Address 0x08FD0E40, mode=22, gameName=ULES01417, saveName=<>, fileName=
I've made a few improvements in r2082 for mode=22. Could you test it and post a log?

Thanks!