This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - ULUS10515
(04-17-2011, 11:07 AM)Szarikow Wrote:
(04-17-2011, 08:04 AM)hyakki Wrote:
(04-16-2011, 09:39 PM)Szarikow Wrote: However, I still have the memory leak. Here is an INFO log. I noticed that one of the times where memory usage increases is when the game loads new 2D images (like when looking through character profiles).

hmm not sure about a memleak I tested this game for almost 2 hours without any crashes

are you just talking about the allocation? since its normal for java to allocate 1gig+ ram (based on xmx size+alittle extra)
[Image: iwulvr.jpg]

I think this game could be moved to playable.
anyways since I logged the whole time I played attached log might be useful for something.

So I guess I don't have enough ram. Got to get "moar"...

i saw you were using vertex cache in your log, disable that since it causes permgen space to run out quickly

try these settings
Code:
[-] = Unchecked || [x] = Checked

|Video|
[x] Only GE graphhics (not recommended for homebrew)
[-] Use vertex cache
[x] Use shaders (experimental)  # (NVIDIA Speedup) | (ATI Buggy / Disable)
[x] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[-] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[-] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[x] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[-] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[x] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders rec for AMD/ATI)

|Media|
[x] Use Media Engine (Works only with 32bit JPCSP)
[-] Extract media files to tmp folder
[x] Decode audio files with sonic stage (you must have ss installed for this to work)
[-] Use non-native fonts from flash0 folder

|Compiler|
[x] Use compiler (dynarec)
[-] Output profiler into to profiler.txt (only for compiler)
[100] Maximum method size
I still got those problems even with your settings, guess I'll be buying RAM soon.

How much memory do you have assigned to xmx hayaki?
I keep it at 1024, try to set the java MaxPermsize size to 300, if the game is crashing with out of permgen space
or in my launcher go to adv -> advanced then check the box that says MaxPermsize, set the value to around 300

do you have more then 2gb of ram?
(04-17-2011, 08:20 PM)hyakki Wrote: I keep it at 1024, try to set the java MaxPermsize size to 300, if the game is crashing with out of permgen space
or in my launcher go to adv -> advanced then check the box that says MaxPermsize, set the value to around 300

Only 2GB.
I'll try using the launcher with the said option.
Been putting the game through its paces for a couple of days now, and it actually works great. It's definitely fully playable, though there are some sound glitches here and there.

The only thing I've noticed that doesn't really work is the "password" feature that's used to unlock bonus content. If you wanna try for yourself, all the passwords are listed here. You can, however, unlock bonus content that appears when you have the save data from another game, like the Phantasy Star Portable 2 extras. That said, none of the unlocked content will STAY unlocked after shutting down the game. The bonus content deactivates because of a mismatch between the game's save file and the PSP's clock. Since jpcsp doesn't HAVE a clock, that's hardly surprising.
(04-17-2011, 08:20 PM)hyakki Wrote: I keep it at 1024, try to set the java MaxPermsize size to 300, if the game is crashing with out of permgen space

I did what you suggested and the emu runs out of memory way longer/slower than before. Actually I didn't manage to run out of memory during like 2h of gameplay. I bet the emu would still crash if it reaches a certain amount of RAM usage on my computer, but it sure is yet to happen.

There is also a slight possibility that there were some improvements in the recent revisions which helped or the fact that I switched "Maximum method size" to 500 (because when I had it set to 100 JPCSP would run out of memory even faster).

Things like install support (not sure if the installation would improve anything though) and unlocked content probably require some work, but there is another bug which lowers the enjoyment of playing the game. While there is a number of sound glitches, one is more annoying than all other: infinitely looping sound effects. Those happened to me in only 3 situations and those are not extremely common, yet it usually takes some time till some other sound effect is played which happens to turns of the looping one (maybe same audio channel?). Volume of those looping sounds normally goes down very quickly. Which would mean that this problem is related to some kind of audio processing (DSP?).

The situations are :
- changing character class
- morale reaches maximum
- driving tank (happened only once so it might have been just a random bug)
Greetings.

There is something I wanted to ask - when I play VC2, my characters, especially tanks, move in combat incredibly slowly. It doesn't seem to be because of slow computer - I have tried it on 2 computers, one old and slow, one new and fast - and the speed of characters moving doesn't change at all.

Enemy characters in combat actually move a lot faster - 3-5 times faster than my characters. When characters shoot or throw grenades, everything happens very fast; but moving from place to place is incredibly slow.

Is it emulation problem? Is it controller's problem? Any way to solve it?

It truly turns game unplayable, when you need lots and lots of time to move under fire to some place where, in youtube gameplay videos, you should move to only in seconds.
P.S. Okay, I was an idiot here.I should have used IJKL buttons for movement instead of Up Down Left Right.
(04-26-2011, 05:06 AM)Grahor Wrote: Greetings.

There is something I wanted to ask - when I play VC2, my characters, especially tanks, move in combat incredibly slowly. It doesn't seem to be because of slow computer - I have tried it on 2 computers, one old and slow, one new and fast - and the speed of characters moving doesn't change at all.

Enemy characters in combat actually move a lot faster - 3-5 times faster than my characters. When characters shoot or throw grenades, everything happens very fast; but moving from place to place is incredibly slow.

Is it emulation problem? Is it controller's problem? Any way to solve it?

It truly turns game unplayable, when you need lots and lots of time to move under fire to some place where, in youtube gameplay videos, you should move to only in seconds.
P.S. Okay, I was an idiot here.I should have used IJKL buttons for movement instead of Up Down Left Right.

Use keys assigned as analog joystick instead of d-pad. Its one of the reasons I suggested this: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=4136

You can do most of the stuff you would do with the d-pad using analog. A better solution would be using a game pad.

Edit: Oh I didn't notice your P.S. Tongue

One of the basic rules of management said that one should change one factor at a time. Just to make sure what fixed the memory related crash of JPCSP, I tested it again. Now I'm sure it was your solution hyakki which fixed it for me.

If anybody else got the problem with:

(03-31-2011, 05:43 PM)Szarikow Wrote: Exception in thread "Odin_Main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.CompilerClassLoader.defineClass(CompilerClass
Loader.java:34)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.CodeBlock.loadExecutable(CodeBlock.java:152)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.CodeBlock.compile(CodeBlock.java:476)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.CodeBlock.getExecutable(CodeBlock.java:490)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.Compiler.analyse(Compiler.java:301)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:356)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:331)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.CompilerClassLoader.findClass(CompilerClassLo
ader.java:50)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at _S1_3_8B905B4.s(_S1_3_8B905B4.java:44)
at _S1_3_8B905B4.exec(_S1_3_8B905B4.java)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.jumpCall(RuntimeContext.java:116)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.call(RuntimeContext.java:195)
at _S1_3_8C8C5C4.s(_S1_3_8C8C5C4.java:32)
at _S1_3_8C8C5C4.exec(_S1_3_8C8C5C4.java)
at _S1_3_8C5B078.s(_S1_3_8C5B078.java:164)
at _S1_3_8C5B190.s(_S1_3_8C5B190.java:48)
at _S1_3_8C5B190.exec(_S1_3_8C5B190.java)
at _S1_3_8C57204.s(_S1_3_8C57204.java:148)
at _S1_3_8C572C8.s(_S1_3_8C572C8.java:176)
at _S1_3_8C5746C.s(_S1_3_8C5746C.java:44)
at _S1_3_8C5746C.exec(_S1_3_8C5746C.java)

The proper way to solve it is to do what hyakki suggested.

By the way, thank you pal.
Can someone please post a link to where I can get this game. I use to own this game and it was my favorite. I want to replay this game because of how much I loved it. Please help me. The versions I have found don't work and I really REALLY want to play this game thx.