This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Castlevania - The Dracula X Chronicles - ULES00841
I tried version 3432.
Castlevania Symphony of the night starts.
But sometimes, it is VERY low.

BUG (or bad setting from me ?) :
When I jump (with the SHIFT key) and hit (with the "M" key), SHIFT+M disables the sound. And the same combination re-enables it.
So, Bug or Keyboard shortcut ?

And after, when I quit the game and want to play on the normal game, on the start screen, I click on "Commencer" ("Begin"), and it FREEZES !

Same with 3429 and 3433.
Log joined.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 86.61 KB / Downloads: 65)
SHIFT+M is the Keyboard shortcut of disables the sound.
if jpcsp FREEZES, try check the Ignore invalid memory access and I gnore unmapped imports and run again.

sometime jpcsp run in a low speed

LOW speed there

good speed there

BTW, another psp emu PPSSPP, it is good at speed, you can try it,
but if you want use PPSSPP, do not enable networking/WLan or the game wii be break.
(01-11-2014, 02:30 AM)onelight Wrote: SHIFT+M is the Keyboard shortcut of disables the sound.
if jpcsp FREEZES, try check the Ignore invalid memory access and I gnore unmapped imports and run again.

sometime jpcsp run in a low speed

LOW speed there

good speed there

BTW, another psp emu PPSSPP, it is good at speed, you can try it,
but if you want use PPSSPP, do not enable networking/WLan or the game wii be break.

I ever tried PPSSPP, I prefer JPCSP for many reasons.
I hope speed will increase in the future, after all low framerate is the point on every young emulators (ePSXe, PCSX2, etc.).
Coding functions is the first step, optimize the second...

BTW I'll try your configuration...
It continues to freeze when I click on "Begin", despite of ticking the boxes you said (invalid map and memory).

I tried PPSSPP, it freezes too : it is my savegame !
The game Work anyway ! THANK YOU !!!
It appears this game has many conflicting graphical requirements. The low speed is being caused by the way you must use several demanding options (for example, shaders are needed for one part of the game, but will cause slow downs on "Symphony of the Night").
Our response to this is an external software renderer that is currently under development and showing great results already. Wink
(01-11-2014, 03:47 PM)Hykem Wrote: It appears this game has many conflicting graphical requirements. The low speed is being caused by the way you must use several demanding options (for example, shaders are needed for one part of the game, but will cause slow downs on "Symphony of the Night").
Our response to this is an external software renderer that is currently under development and showing great results already. Wink

Thx ^^

Actually, I have a dilemma :

PPSSPP is very good to play for the first game, it is excellent.

And it manages the crypting of the savegame files to automatically decrypt all of them (that's why my JPCSP freezed, it tried to load a non-encrypted save file with the handle of crypting enabled).

But PPSSPP freeze on Symphony on the Night and all of the old games, and whatever could be the options selected, I can't play with it.

And JPCSP manage Symphony on the Night but not the first game as good as PPSSPP...

So I use the both, but it is not very comfortable...
The game is now playble.
Here is the savegame.

Unfortunately, it remains SLOW on SOTN. I hope it will increase in the future (or may I use a faster computer than my i5 ?).

I noticed 2 bugs :
(my settings are the same that "thelight" told me above)
In Castlevania SOTN, the menus and some pictures (when dracula is beaten for example) doesn't display correctly.

[Image: 269365Sanstitre.png]

And in the normal game, the Demo Mode is corrupted :
The Demo Mode seems to be a sequence of keys in the normal game.
The game is not timed as it should be, so Richter is hurt and die, the sequence of keys continue and he does weird things (walking agains the walls, etc.).
In the Demo Mode, he shoudn't be hurt...

[Image: 920167Sanstitre2.png]

And on the main menu, when I click on "Boss Rush Mode", it freezes...

Attached Files
.zip   ULES00841.zip (Size: 412.51 KB / Downloads: 85)
Celes, I'm currently looking into the graphical issues seen on this game. You don't need a faster computer, the slow downs are caused by the way certain graphics are handled. Of course, this can and will improve after several optimizations.
Regarding the SAVEDATA issue, I've added auto detection of the save file format (similar to PPSSPP) in r3435, so you don't need to use any options anymore. Smile
attempting to quick save causes a null pointer exception crash. afterwards, attempt to start the game crashes when it tries to load the savefile with multiple invalid memory address errors. the screen shows blinking savefile values, with everything scrambled. incorrectly encrypted file maybe?

Attached Files
.txt   3435_log_2.txt (Size: 41.63 KB / Downloads: 69)
.txt   3435_log.txt (Size: 51.09 KB / Downloads: 65)
(01-13-2014, 09:11 PM)serio Wrote: 3435
attempting to quick save causes a null pointer exception crash. afterwards, attempt to start the game crashes when it tries to load the savefile with multiple invalid memory address errors. the screen shows blinking savefile values, with everything scrambled. incorrectly encrypted file maybe?

Fortunately, this has nothing to do with the SAVEDATA encryption. The save file is not being decrypted at all because of a new finding I've added to the MsgDialog utility.
Needless to say I forgot to add a null check for this... Dodgy
Thanks for the report! Smile