This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Castlevania - The Dracula X Chronicles - ULES00841
Thanks for your work, it is really fantastic ! ^^
The crash when quick saving should now be fixed in r3436. Thanks! Smile

it seems to work now if i make a new savefile. it still causes the problems if i try to load an existing savefile though.

it causes a lot of null pointer exceptions and shows an "error 0x80110385" message, after which the game asks if it's ok to save. trying to save again causes the same error, so no is the only way out. it still saves though. after restarting the emulator it's unreadable/corrupted.

while comparing the savefiles, the newly created one's params.sfo seems to have more data than the old one's or the broken one's, maybe that's why. originally the save was decrypted, and it gets encrypted afterwards when i try to continue, but params.sfo apparently doesn't get updated with any relevant info (encryption key maybe?) since it's identical in original and corrupted versions.

Attached Files
.7z   savefiles.7z (Size: 552.22 KB / Downloads: 84)
(01-17-2014, 01:17 PM)serio Wrote: 3437

it seems to work now if i make a new savefile. it still causes the problems if i try to load an existing savefile though.

it causes a lot of null pointer exceptions and shows an "error 0x80110385" message, after which the game asks if it's ok to save. trying to save again causes the same error, so no is the only way out. it still saves though. after restarting the emulator it's unreadable/corrupted.

while comparing the savefiles, the newly created one's params.sfo seems to have more data than the old one's or the broken one's, maybe that's why. originally the save was decrypted, and it gets encrypted afterwards when i try to continue, but params.sfo apparently doesn't get updated with any relevant info (encryption key maybe?) since it's identical in original and corrupted versions.

If you create a new save file in r3437, does it load properly afterwards? If so, then everything should be fine.
How old are the other save files (old and corrupted)? They seem to be using an incomplete PARAM.SFO which causes a major problem when attempting to re-encrypt it (data is missing).
Have you tried replacing the old/corrupted PARAM.SFO with the one from the new version while keeping the data file (DRACULA.BIN in this case)? This should allow JPCSP to locate the necessary data, decrypt the save and re-encrypt it again in the proper format.
yeah, replacing the sfo file with the new one fixed the crash. my saves are probably way over 2 years old. lol

unfortunately they're still not recognized by a psp. with magic save set to sfo file type 2 and decrypt type 3 it seems to load though.
(01-17-2014, 06:11 PM)serio Wrote: yeah, replacing the sfo file with the new one fixed the crash. my saves are probably way over 2 years old. lol

unfortunately they're still not recognized by a psp. with magic save set to sfo file type 2 and decrypt type 3 it seems to load though.

Ah, now that's important. PPSSPP only outputs SFO's with type 2 (the mode byte is 0x21 and the second hash is filled with 0x01) while JPCSP tries to generate SFO's with type 3 (byte is 0x41 and the hashes use a different seed).
Unfortunately I'm currently unable to test this on a PSP, but I can try applying this to JPCSP and have someone check if it does the trick.
while it still doesn't work on psp, i tried ppsspp's save and it also fails with the same error (data is corrupted, 80110306), so at least in this case it also can't handle this game. i went and made fresh savefiles for each version (jpcsp, ppsspp, psp, also jpcsp resaved on psp) to compare. maybe that'll be useful in some way?

one interesting thing is, ppsspp's savefile can't be read at all using magicsave. jpcsp's still load after setting them to sfo 1 or 2, decrypt 3 (any other decrypt value gets garbage values and freezes on load. sfo 3 causes the error message above). ppsspp's seems to load, but the save is read as blank in all sfo/decrypt modes, without the test profiles i set up.

Attached Files
.7z   saves.7z (Size: 682.08 KB / Downloads: 84)
psp 
Hi ! ^^

I've a new problem...

1 - I'm BLOCKED !
When I've to pass through the boss room (the boss must not be here now), my Alucard fall without end, he cannot access down to the next room...

[Image: 684867Block.jpg]

I've joined my savegame.
When you start the game, go up and right to the room with the clocks.

Maybe it's my savegame which have been too cheated ? ^^
But I just change the stats and items, I played the game normally.

Or my configuration ?

Video
- Use opengl render
- Use vertex cache
- Use shaders
- Enable saving GE screen
- enable dynamic shader generation

Memory
- Ignore memory access
- Ignore unmapped infos

Compilet
- Use dynarec

Display
- Anti-aliasing = OFF

Media
- Use media engine
- Decode audio files with Sonicstage

2 - The display in the Library is unreadable.

[Image: 282775Affichagebibli1.jpg]

[Image: 111251Affichagebibli2.jpg]

[Image: 640645Affichagebibli3.jpg]

Is it my config or the game ?

3 - By the way, the game is INCREDIBLY SLOW. What a torture...
(But PPSSPP does not even launch it...)

Thank you if you can see the problem, I know this game is different because it's an old PS1 game...

Problem solved with PPSSPP 0.9.8

=> On JPCSP, the cinematic with Maria doesn't launch.

Attached Files
.zip   Block.zip (Size: 412.52 KB / Downloads: 90)
Normaly you might have that :

[Image: 326383Sanstitre.jpg]
java 9 isn't even officially out of beta (if even alpha), don't bother with it. use 7 or 8 if you need, but skip 9 for now.

besides, if you need to know it, why not check yourself? it'd be much faster than asking, then waiting for someone who also happened to install it to check it.