This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving performance of UFC Undisputed on laptop
Hi, I'm trying to emulate UFC Undisputed 2010 for the PSP on my laptop and having mixed results. The game is perfectly playable, but the FPS are a bit on the low side (25-30 most of the time, which is a minor annoyance), the fighters freeze for up to a second very often (which is a major annoyance but happens less and less the longer a fight goes on) and the graphics are quite blocky.

I've Little experience with emulation previously, so messing around with the various settings is a bit daunting to me. I would very much appreciate it if somebody could give me some hints on how to improve performance and/or Graphics for this particular game.

My laptop specs:

Windows 7 64bit
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M
Intel Core I7 - 36100M, 2.3GHz
8 GB RAM

Hopefully, this is enough PC power to run the game adequately.

Thank you in advance.

Excellent emulator by the way, good job. Smile
Please list all of the Settings that you are using when you are playing this game. Do you have the Nvidia GeForce GT 650M set as the primary graphics card? Do you have the latest non-Beta Drivers from Nvidia (332.21)? Did you set your laptop's Power Plan to High Performance when you are using JPCSP? Are you using the latest revision of JPCSP (r3458)?
Thanks for the reply - I've managed to make it run kind of acceptably by now, but it is, in fact, the settings I am not sure about. What graphical functions to tick in the launcher, what maximum method size, what -xmx size and so on and so on. When you're not very accustomed to software tinkering, it's very difficult to know what options actually help the framerate.

My main problem now is not really the smoothness of animation, but the fighters stutter every once in a while, freezing for about half a second, which is very annoying when trying to pull off button combinations.

More seriously, I seem to experience something like a memory leak on prolonged playing. While the game runs fine upon running it initially, it slows Down more and more as I play more matches until it stutters as described above constantly, making me need to restart the emulator. This is really my main issue now.

My laptop is high performance, my drivers are updated and my emulator version is 0.7 3455:3458.
I usually use JPCSP Launcher for Java Configuration. On the Basic Settings, the -Xmx and -Xms Size should be at least 3072 MB. The Java Priority should be at High.

For Advanced Java Tuning, try to enable:
-XX:CompileThreshold at 1024
-XX:ResCodeCacheSize at 1024 MB
-XX:MaxPermSize at 3072 MB
-XX:UseSSE at 4
-XX:+UseSSE42Intrinsics
-XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing
-XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU

For Java Garbage Collector, try to enable:
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
and all Tabbed Options under this.

For Additional GC Options, try to enable:
-XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs
-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis at 1

For JPCSP Configuration:
Code:
Configuration / Video
[ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
[ ] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders
[ ] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[X] Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory
[ ] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)
[ ] Save Stencil to Memory (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Use Internal Software Rendering
[ ] Use External Software Rendering
Configuration / Audio
[ ] Disable audio threads
[ ] Disable audio channels (not recommended)
[ ] Disable audio blocking
Configuration / Memory
[X] Ignore invalid memory access (not recommended for test reports, but improves performance)
[ ] Ignore unmapped imports (not recommended)
Configuration / Misc
[X] Use Media Engine
[X] Enable Atrac3+ decoding (experimental, requires Media Engine)
[ ] Extract media files to TMP folder
[X] Decode audio files with SonicStage (must be installed separately and requires Media Engine)
[ ] Use debug font (disable flash0 fonts)
Configuration / Compiler
[X] Use compiler (dynarec)
[ ] Output profiler info to profiler.txt (only for compiler)
[50] maximum method size
Configuration / Crypto
[ ] Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN files to TMP folder
[ ] Disable SAVEDATA encryption
[ ] Extract original PGD files to TMP folder
[ ] Extract SAVEDATA key to TMP folder
[ ] Disable DLC decryption
If you have any other problems, try posting an INFO log. Learn how to do so here.