This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice [BLES00452]
I've just registered really neat work you guys are doing.
I'm trying it out now I'm wondering over how much cores it could scale it currently does 8 if it scales reasonable beyond that I could get close to 30 fps for sure in this game with a cheap E5 rig.

Currently mine freezes at the now loading screen while I have decrypted the .SELF but according to you guys I should wait for 10 minutes so that is what I'm going to do.
(03-23-2014, 08:15 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 08:11 PM)rafaPS360gamer Wrote: Smile Next step: Playable!

Anyway never played a Disgaea game so... is the background suppose to be so pixelated?

It looks smoother on a real PS3. Probably some kind of texture filtering isn't working here. That's not really that important though.

Ok just asking.
Just watched a video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2AUBQ2YWXk

It seems its also pixelated in the game however as some kind of blur effect..(due to hardware limitations?)
(03-23-2014, 08:40 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: I've just registered really neat work you guys are doing.
I'm trying it out now I'm wondering over how much cores it could scale it currently does 8 if it scales reasonable beyond that I could get close to 30 fps for sure in this game with a cheap E5 rig.

Currently mine freezes at the now loading screen while I have decrypted the .SELF but according to you guys I should wait for 10 minutes so that is what I'm going to do.

If the frame rate stops updating for more than like 15 seconds it has stopped working. (At least this is what I have observed). Make sure the .self file really was decrypted, it should be slightly smaller than it was before. But yes, loading is really slow (even on a real ps3).

As for scaling, I guess every thread in the game can run on it's own core, so it should perhaps scale well up to about 10-15 cores or so (if they are all running at the same time, aren't often waiting for each other, etc). Someone who actually knows the core emulation will have to answer this better.

(03-23-2014, 08:41 PM)rafaPS360gamer Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 08:15 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 08:11 PM)rafaPS360gamer Wrote: Smile Next step: Playable!

Anyway never played a Disgaea game so... is the background suppose to be so pixelated?

It looks smoother on a real PS3. Probably some kind of texture filtering isn't working here. That's not really that important though.

Ok just asking.
Just watched a video on youtube:

It seems its also pixelated in the game however as some kind of blur effect..(due to hardware limitations?)

I am no expert on the subject of computer graphics, but I think we are just looking at two different scaling algorithms here. I actually prefer the sharper and more pixelated look rpcs3 has right now in some places, such as compared to 7:23 in that video.

In any case, there are other aspects about the current state of graphics in this game one can discuss right now Wink
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
i mean like, wow, aren't we going way too fast? I thought we would be at this stage 6 months to a yr later than now :p Incredible work guys
Awesome. Can I get a guide on decrypting the .spu.self? The tools I've found so far either do nothing or refuse to work.
(03-23-2014, 09:42 PM)ssshadow Wrote: If the frame rate stops updating for more than like 15 seconds it has stopped working. (At least this is what I have observed). Make sure the .self file really was decrypted, it should be slightly smaller than it was before. But yes, loading is really slow (even on a real ps3).

As for scaling, I guess every thread in the game can run on it's own core, so it should perhaps scale well up to about 10-15 cores or so (if they are all running at the same time, aren't often waiting for each other, etc). Someone who actually knows the core emulation will have to answer this better.
Yes I decrypted it it is now a 16kb file rather than a 17kb one however I'm not sure whether it is read I gave it the same name but the extension is different so maybe I should keep it .self .

As for emulation how cool would it be if the emulator could eventually scale every tiny task to it's own core or if HSA catches on.

Edit it worked I decrypted the .self and renamed it to .self then I decrypted the Eboot so I could boot the game from .elf . I'm getting about 6fps at the menu I'll disable HT see if I can get more.

(03-24-2014, 06:32 AM)derpf Wrote: Awesome. Can I get a guide on decrypting the .spu.self? The tools I've found so far either do nothing or refuse to work.
I used pkg GUI using the above steps.
It really explains itself just input and output the files to the directory they were in and make sure to rename them (not sure if needed but I did just in case)

If you don't manage I've attached the files

Attached Files
.rar   USRDIR.rar (Size: 720.38 KB / Downloads: 111)
(03-24-2014, 06:32 AM)derpf Wrote: Awesome. Can I get a guide on decrypting the .spu.self? The tools I've found so far either do nothing or refuse to work.

Just open it with rpcs3.
You are now famous on Reddit

[Image: 9DdBMjk.png]

A lot of misconceptions in there... Though pc is indeed master race.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(03-24-2014, 01:46 PM)AlexAltea Wrote:
(03-24-2014, 01:17 PM)ssshadow Wrote: You are now famous on Reddit

[Image: 9DdBMjk.png]

A lot of misconceptions in there... Though pc is indeed master race.

Hehe nice! Big Grin But why do they put a link to the FAQ? there is nothing interesting there. :S

No idea. But there is a link to the youtube video by BlackDaemon high up in the comments.
More demand is more apraissal and would lead to faster development. It is a good thing to have positive feedback.