This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross-compile rpcs3 for Android OS
When will you work on cross-compiling for maybe Linux or Android API build support? Or Mac? Some people they have different OS than Windows and would llike to know if you are soon (2014-2015) considering to work on portability to other platforms, namely these:

1.OSX-like systems (Snow Leopard, Mountain Lion) on x86.

2.Linux-like (Ubuntu, Debian, etc.) on x86.

3.Android platform (either x86 or ARM, or both).

Since rpcs3 can run commercial games already it would be nice to hear about possible future portability since project is coming along excellent over the months
Linux is definitely on the way. You can already build it and start, but I think most (all?) games crash so far. It is being actively worked on.

No one is working on OSX, but some interested developer with a mac is absolutely free to do so.

Android ARM will not happen any time soon for obvious reasons. Android x86 is possible I guess, but kind of pointless for the time being, as far as I know there are no Android tablets that run at least some low voltage intel core CPU (?) You would need at least that I think, and a recompiler in rpcs3, to get simple home brews running at acceptable speed. Forget about Atom and such.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(03-28-2014, 08:14 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Linux is definitely on the way. You can already build it and start, but I think most (all?) games crash so far. It is being actively worked on.

No one is working on OSX, but some interested developer with a mac is absolutely free to do so.

Android ARM will not happen any time soon for obvious reasons. Android x86 is possible I guess, but kind of pointless for the time being, as far as I know there are no Android tablets that run at least some low voltage intel core CPU (?) You would need at least that I think, and a recompiler in rpcs3, to get simple home brews running at acceptable speed. Forget about Atom and such.

Yeah, looks about right. The PCSX2 team of PS2 emulator say that PCSX2 would not be worthwhile on Android ARM, but I digress with the latest chips they have now. RPCS3 is a much different story but homebrews and very basic games on ARM someday in the future might work out.
Are you the same guy who spammed pcsx2 forum with multiple accounts about android port? ARM cpu's are simply not enough to run a ps2\3 emulator.
LOL no I did not even know pcsx2 has a forum until you mention it! Why did someone spam pcsx2 (steering off topic for a bit)?
Snapdragon 800, and some processors like MT6592 should run pcsx2 but max at 20 fps
PC1: Pentium G2020, ASUS Radeon R9 290X, 6GB DDR3, Win 10
PC2: i7-6700HQ, GTX 960M+HD 530, 8GB DDR4, Win 10
yyy.... Pancakes?

PS: My nickname on Discord is eEXEO
(03-29-2014, 08:53 AM)LittleGrejmer Wrote: Snapdragon 800, and some processors like MT6592 should run pcsx2 but max at 20 fps

They may be as fast as low end Intel atoms or AMD E-series in some benchmarks, but that doesn't mean they would get the same performance in pcsx2. Pcsx2 makes use of the extended instruction set on x86, such as SSE2, or AVX (if this is on Atom). ARM doesn't really compare in this area. Also the graphics situation is way worse on ARM. The Dolphin guys basically concluded that only Nvidia Tegra even had drivers stable enough to do what they needed. The rest was just buggy and useless.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(03-28-2014, 07:59 PM)androidlover Wrote: 2.Linux-like (Ubuntu, Debian, etc.) on x86.

I'm getting pretty close on this score. I can occasionally get a few frames to render before a crash.