This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
RPCS3 Facebook Page
Actually there's nothing wrong with facebook it's a good idea.There's a reason for mods they will delete and maker sure page runs smooth.
i7 3930K Overclocked 4.7 Ghz
X2 R9 295X2
32GB DDR3 Ram Overclocked 3000 MHz
Asus Sabertooth X79
XSPC Raystorm EX560 Extreme Water Cooling Kit
4K monitor
Corsair RGB Mouse and keyboard
Best Sound System by Sony

Late Late 2015 Updated my specs Smile
(04-12-2014, 03:33 AM)d875j Wrote: Actually there's nothing wrong with facebook it's a good idea.There's a reason for mods they will delete and maker sure page runs smooth.

As has been said, a facebook page would drive people to the forums who expect a fully functioning PS3 emulator or whatnot, forcing people to take time to answer each silly thread someone makes asking why they can't play GTA V.
(04-12-2014, 04:34 AM)twdarkeh Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 03:33 AM)d875j Wrote: Actually there's nothing wrong with facebook it's a good idea.There's a reason for mods they will delete and maker sure page runs smooth.

As has been said, a facebook page would drive people to the forums who expect a fully functioning PS3 emulator or whatnot, forcing people to take time to answer each silly thread someone makes asking why they can't play GTA V.

Your right but as i said if you managed it well and used to update and inform people it will have higher chances. Of course there's those people who say why V isn't working but stating reason why once and doing FAQ on page would be nice. That's why companies have pages even tho the sites isn't to great doesn't mean it's bad. I believe in something solid and making more media brings more viewers and people who want to help. The current state is people think it's fake why not go completely public and proving them wrong? Furthermore making this choice will bring closure to the dev team and the project. It's not hard to control and manage the idea it's how you set it up is the hard part. So my suggest is rethink this idea again.
X2 R9 295X2
Asus Sabertooth X79
4K monitor

(04-12-2014, 06:36 AM)d875j Wrote: Of course there's those people who say why V isn't working but stating reason why once and doing FAQ on page would be nice.

If you think most people read FAQs or rules you have more to learn about people.
I don't get it, why do you wan't a facebook page? For what purpose? To get more users? Why would this forum or the developers need to deal with that? This would imply that rpcs3 is useful for end users; it isn't (right now).

I think Hykem hit the nail on the head:

(04-11-2014, 07:04 PM)Hykem Wrote: I don't trust Facebook at all...
Why would RPCS3 need a Facebook page? We appreciate attention from real developers, but Facebook would only attract social media junkies.
If RPCS3 is going to succeed then we must avoid as much drama and sensationalism as possible.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Maybe but it could work but if you guys don't want it's your choice.
X2 R9 295X2
Asus Sabertooth X79
4K monitor

(04-12-2014, 10:59 AM)d875j Wrote: Maybe but it could work but if you guys don't want it's your choice.

Perhaps a bit latter. I can't tell anyone to not open a Facebook page for RPCS3, I'm just advising that it may draw the wrong kind of attention to the emulator.
When the emulator is mature enough for the general public, then I see no objections to opening a page and inviting more people to try it out. Wink
(04-12-2014, 10:59 AM)d875j Wrote: Maybe but it could work but if you guys don't want it's your choice.

What could work? As AlexAltea pointed out above, anyone who doesn't already know about RPCS3 is unlikely to be the sort of person who could help in its development, and RPCS3 doesn't need any sort of mainstream advertising in its current state.

What good would a bunch of people who didn't read the FAQ spamming the forums do for RPCS3?
I think that a fan page is good, but anything more might be pointless.

You could mention that it's work in progress, but do not actually lead people to think this is a "fully working ps3 emu" for people to bombard everything asking for "teh linkz for teh roms" and stuff, thinking they can play Black Ops on their eMachines!
rpcs3 is beyond useless for normal users. It's seriously a pointless idea, and so far, no one has presented a real reason to do it.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)