This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build Success
(07-30-2014, 09:28 PM)jzx Wrote: Lol so i will dd my own ps3 hdd (40gb) to my 6 FC array and try to handle an entire image file in ram .
I would have to add a module to your code to handle the dd'ed file Undecided
Anyway thanks for your help

But why do you insist on this? If you want games to load faster, disregarding that rpcs3 is really slow in general, just put your files on a normal SSD with a normal interface. A mounted image of a PS3 HDD on a Fibre Channel disc array makes no sense to me. It's needlessly complicated, expensive, and still not faster than a SSD probably. In fact, for most games that normally load from a disc, even a normal 5k rpm hard drive will be faster.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(07-30-2014, 10:18 PM)ssshadow Wrote: But why do you insist on this? If you want games to load faster, disregarding that rpcs3 is really slow in general, just put your files on a normal SSD with a normal interface. A mounted image of a PS3 HDD on a Fibre Channel disc array makes no sense to me. It's needlessly complicated, expensive, and still not faster than a SSD probably. In fact, for most games that normally load from a disc, even a normal 5k rpm hard drive will be faster.

A man can dream...
But why do you insist on this? If you want games to load faster, disregarding that rpcs3 is really slow in general,

Man you said it "is slow in general" ...

I already own few big iron computers so 8x USIII/8MB cache would probably help !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Fire_15K
That's all

A man can dream...

Of course personnaly i dream of useful emulator Big Grin
So i try to help where i can