This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of Serenity - NPUH10193
This game was tested with revision a467b1e. The game runs fine on JPCSP with the exception of the text. The text in every aspect of this game is not being shown correctly as words are cut off from the bottom (1st - 6th Screenshot). On PPSSPP, the text is being shown correctly.

I have tested this game with fonts dumped from the PSP and fonts provided with JPCSP and the words in the game are still cut off.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_a467b1e(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 58.53 KB / Downloads: 104)
(04-09-2015, 03:22 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: This game was tested with revision a467b1e. The game runs fine on JPCSP with the exception of the text. The text in every aspect of this game is not being shown correctly as words are cut off from the bottom (1st - 6th Screenshot). On PPSSPP, the text is being shown correctly.

I have tested this game with fonts dumped from the PSP and fonts provided with JPCSP and the words in the game are still cut off.
Is the text display now improved in 0b32981? The font character ascender/descender are now matching PPSSPP.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
The text is correctly being displayed using revision 0b32981. For the sake of comparison, here are some screenshots (1st - PSP, 2nd - JPCSP v0.7 0b32981, & 3rd - PPSSPP v1.0.1-448-gaee69d4).

Although the text is being displayed correctly, there are two slight differences between the text being shown between on the PSP and JPCSP/PPSSPP. The first difference would be the lighting. If you compare the screenshots, you can see that the PSP is displaying darker text.

The second difference would be the width of the font. The font being displayed on the PSP is more compressed in comparison to the font being displayed on JPCSP/PPSSPP (even when using dumped PSP Font).

.zip   Log_r0b32981(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 58.35 KB / Downloads: 102)
(04-23-2015, 06:36 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: The text is correctly being displayed using revision 0b32981. For the sake of comparison, here are some screenshots (1st - PSP, 2nd - JPCSP v0.7 0b32981, & 3rd - PPSSPP v1.0.1-448-gaee69d4).

Although the text is being displayed correctly, there are two slight differences between the text being shown between on the PSP and JPCSP/PPSSPP. The first difference would be the lighting. If you compare the screenshots, you can see that the PSP is displaying darker text.

The second difference would be the width of the font. The font being displayed on the PSP is more compressed in comparison to the font being displayed on JPCSP/PPSSPP (even when using dumped PSP Font).
This is a very good idea to compare the screenshots of the exact same screens.
I see that some letters (T, i, u, v, f...) are slightly shifted to the left on Jpcsp and PPSSPP (by approx. 1 pixel). I will do more tests with JpcspTrace.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(04-23-2015, 03:22 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(04-23-2015, 06:36 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: The text is correctly being displayed using revision 0b32981. For the sake of comparison, here are some screenshots (1st - PSP, 2nd - JPCSP v0.7 0b32981, & 3rd - PPSSPP v1.0.1-448-gaee69d4).

This is a very good idea to compare the screenshots of the exact same screens.
I see that some letters (T, i, u, v, f...) are slightly shifted to the left on Jpcsp and PPSSPP (by approx. 1 pixel). I will do more tests with JpcspTrace.
Small improvements with the sceFont character alignment have been introduced in c058f11. These are now matching the tests using font.prx on a real PSP.
I can confirm that the font alignment appears correctly on JPCSP with rc058f11 (1st Screenshot - PSP, 2nd Screenshot - JPCSP). I didn't know that font characters needed to have sub-pixel alignment in order to display properly.