This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32 bit
ps3 
Just wondering though, how could I play rpcs3 in 32 bit?
You can't. 32-bit version was dropped over a year ago and there were many good reasons for it. Also, if you're still running 32-bit, you should upgrade anyway, since if you are running 32-bit, you probably don't have the hardware to run any games at an acceptable speed.
(07-28-2015, 10:19 AM)tambre Wrote: You can't. 32-bit version was dropped over a year ago and there were many good reasons for it. Also, if you're still running 32-bit, you should upgrade anyway, since if you are running 32-bit, you probably don't have the hardware to run any games at an acceptable speed.

*sigh* It sucks to the people who have 32 bit just like me, though Sad
(07-28-2015, 10:34 AM)Cortonith Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 10:19 AM)tambre Wrote: You can't. 32-bit version was dropped over a year ago and there were many good reasons for it. Also, if you're still running 32-bit, you should upgrade anyway, since if you are running 32-bit, you probably don't have the hardware to run any games at an acceptable speed.

There are technical limitations due to CELL architecture. Also I don't know any person personally who still has their main workstation/computer 32-bit.
(07-28-2015, 11:20 AM)tambre Wrote:

There are technical limitations due to CELL architecture. Also I don't know any person personally who still has their main workstation/computer 32-bit.

I see now... So this means I'll do what it takes to upgrade my PC to 64 bit
Bolded part: I see...
(07-28-2015, 11:31 AM)Cortonith Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 11:20 AM)tambre Wrote:

I see now... So this means I'll do what it takes to upgrade my PC to 64 bit
Bolded part: I see...

If you're seriously running your main PC from an era when 64-bit was not standard, you should have upgraded long ago, buddy.
It's been over 10 years since x64 compliant hw became available. Chances are - you just need to upgrade you OS. (You could switch to w10 x64).
Anything newer than Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP (these are ancient) is 64-bit, so yeah, just get 64-bit windows one way or another...
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)