This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D3D12 backend, a couple of issues
Hi, there is a couple of issues I have found lately, which doesnt happen with OpenGL backend.

An assertion failed window shows up when either Write Depth Buffer or Write Color Buffer are activated in Braid [NPUB30133] (also found in other games).

When Depth Buffer enabled:

[Image: eCJcVyx.png]

When Color Buffer enabled:

[Image: umy3eNI.png]

Another error occurs with Vertex Shader, which can not recognise the identifier "ivec4":

Quote:E {RSXThread} VS build failed:D:\rpcs3\VertexProgram.hlsl(72,2-6): error X3000: unrecognized identifier 'ivec4'
D:\rpcs3\VertexProgram.hlsl(72,8-9): error X3000: unrecognized identifier 'a0'

E {RSXThread} LoadProgram failed.

This error shows up with Machinarium [NPEB00257] and Tank Battles Trial Version [NPEB00158].

As I said, It only happens with DirectX 12. I tested It with commit gc407c78, but with previous builds also happened. I tried various SPU and PPU configurations with no difference.

EDIT: I attach the Vertex Program and logs.

Attached Files
.txt   RPCS3_Assert.txt (Size: 43.93 KB / Downloads: 60)
.txt   RPCS3_ivec4.txt (Size: 62.6 KB / Downloads: 55)
.txt   VertexProgram0.txt (Size: 25.21 KB / Downloads: 57)
Does Braid require write color/depth buffer ? They can often be left unchecked in most app

The write depth buffer implementation was only tested against depth_read.elf sample. Write color buffer implementation is still not tested since I didn't find a sample/app/game that uses Cell to modify rtt before reusing them.

Anyway thanks for the report, will investigate.
As It is stated in this post, Braid needed color/depth buffer enabled with OpenGL in order to show textures (in a last year commit). At the moment, It doesn't show a single thing even with OpenGL, but the assert happens.
I fixed the crash with ivec4 in dx12 in Machinarium. However, the game only display a black screen...but GL also only show a black screen.
Ok, thanks for all your effort anyway. I'll check a couple of games that also showed this error when your commits get (or got (?), my english...) merged.