This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
(06-08-2011, 09:08 PM)hyakki Wrote: some characters are now visible with r2167 new options, but still glitch where they sometimes appear and dissappear, or show up behind buildings ..etc and mispositioned items (like the chests and the pink hair girl in the screen shot should be next to the very top building.),

also the options slows it down considerably on the world map.
but still nice work good to see some progress on this game Smile
Does r2175 help to improve the performance of this game when using the new options?
Hi gid15, looks like these two new options not compatibe with the resize x2 or x3
(06-10-2011, 05:20 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(06-08-2011, 09:08 PM)hyakki Wrote: some characters are now visible with r2167 new options, but still glitch where they sometimes appear and dissappear, or show up behind buildings ..etc and mispositioned items (like the chests and the pink hair girl in the screen shot should be next to the very top building.),

also the options slows it down considerably on the world map.
but still nice work good to see some progress on this game Smile
Does r2175 help to improve the performance of this game when using the new options?

in r2175 the world map seems alot faster now.

I noticed with this game when using only GE you can see a lot more characters, without only GE you could only see the characters near the middle or top of the screen.
besides for that another major flaw is you can fall through the map in certain places (in the first town if you run all the way to the left and up the stairs keep going left you will fall through the map (at least i think thats what happens) it also happens if you return back to the town from the world map.)
what are eveyones settings for first departure to be able to see the characters? i'm still getting invisi characters regardless of what settings i use
(06-18-2011, 02:07 PM)mordaki987 Wrote: what are eveyones settings for first departure to be able to see the characters? i'm still getting invisi characters regardless of what settings i use

these options will let you see more characters but at a cost of no movies, sever flickering, almost constant black world map.
but you can see the characters Smile

you can disable only ge but then only half of the characters will show up usually at the top of the screen but it solves the movie and flicker problem.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok, I've been testing this game and it seems that now, when you start a new game, the emu let you play with all your characters visible, no invisible characters at all, but when you save in the world map and return to the first town, the characters start to become invisible Sad
People in videogames are blind

Dark Devils Translations team
(07-17-2011, 07:30 AM)Butz_san Wrote: Ok, I've been testing this game and it seems that now, when you start a new game, the emu let you play with all your characters visible, no invisible characters at all, but when you save in the world map and return to the first town, the characters start to become invisible Sad

I actually think you fall through the map when returning to the town since you can't move the character anymore, but you can access the game menus.
This game still has a ton of strange problems.
(07-17-2011, 07:40 AM)hyakki Wrote:
(07-17-2011, 07:30 AM)Butz_san Wrote: Ok, I've been testing this game and it seems that now, when you start a new game, the emu let you play with all your characters visible, no invisible characters at all, but when you save in the world map and return to the first town, the characters start to become invisible Sad

I actually think you fall through the map when returning to the town since you can't move the character anymore, but you can access the game menus.

Edit: Now, the emu let you play the first town 100% with graṕhics, but as soon as you go out of the town and enter to any other town, the characters start to become invisible, I don't know how, but the emu has made a great progress Big Grin

People in videogames are blind

Dark Devils Translations team
(07-18-2011, 02:18 AM)Butz_san Wrote:

Edit: Now, the emu let you play the first town 100% with graṕhics, but as soon as you go out of the town and enter to any other town, the characters start to become invisible, I don't know how, but the emu has made a great progress Big Grin
what a version of emulator?
(07-18-2011, 02:18 AM)Butz_san Wrote:

hmm interesting, also just tested with the linux version and oddly enough the characters are visible without the stencil test option that would be needed in the windows version to get partly visible characters.