This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
Can someone help me? Whenever I get into a fight after entering the map (from loading up my save) it gives me a black screen but I can still hear the fighting music and the background voices.

I am using 64-bit version 2868 and my computer is an intel R-Core i7 2630QM @2GHz with 8GB RAM with a Radeon HD 6630.

I have edited bat file to give me -Xmx5096m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m

My video options are everything from that first post (so shaders are on, enabling saving GE screen to textures instead of memories, and enable dynamic shader generation AND complier max method size as 100) BUT I have turned off Color Mask and instead put on Software mode.

I am aware people have reported that software mode is associated with many glitches giving black screens, but for some reason i can at least load up and play the game to some extent except getting into fights. But whenever I load up the game with just Color Mask the whole screen just turns one color and as the opening movie plays (I hear the music) the screen changes color like from orange to blue to green (the background colors of the opening sequence) and then goes all black when it comes to the title and i hear the music but the whole screen while I'm on a menu/fight/map/town is black.

Should I use an older version of JPCSP? Like around ~2410..? I just really want this to work. Please someone help! And are the settings in the first post accurate, from what I've seen on this thread various people are putting on vertex cache and geometry shader but when i use it with color mask nothing seems to work...how do I get colors mask to work?

Messages In This Thread
RE: STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374 - by pikablu - 11-19-2012, 11:48 PM