This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeanne d'Arc - UCUS98700
(10-24-2011, 05:52 PM)digiadventures Wrote: I tested it with 2366 and there is still nullpointer/font error this time again at the start of the first battle.
I also posted second log when there is no memory.mbrk file present it crashes earlier. It may be relevent
What can be noticed is that second log is much cleaner : there are no memory errors or bazier errors,but game crashes with javaarrayoutofbounderror.
In first log there are numerous errors,but game doesnt crash at that place,but later ( font error )
Fixing the issue with memory.mbrk and those numerous erros may fix something ? It is strange that emty file needs to be in directory,and it is causing all those errors
I've fixed the NullPointerException from sceFontClose in r2367. This game is making unexpected calls to sceFont... there is probably something wrong in our sceFont implementation...

When memory.mbrk is present, a debug memory is activated: it is slower and the handling of invalid memory accesses is somewhat different. This is normal that you get a IndexOutOfBoundsException when an invalid memory access is done and the option "Ignore invalid memory access (not recommended for test reports, but improves performance)" is activated. This option deactivates all the memory checks to improve the performance, but there is no nice catching if one occurs.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(10-24-2011, 07:56 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(10-24-2011, 05:52 PM)digiadventures Wrote: I tested it with 2366 and there is still nullpointer/font error this time again at the start of the first battle.
I also posted second log when there is no memory.mbrk file present it crashes earlier. It may be relevent
What can be noticed is that second log is much cleaner : there are no memory errors or bazier errors,but game crashes with javaarrayoutofbounderror.
In first log there are numerous errors,but game doesnt crash at that place,but later ( font error )
Fixing the issue with memory.mbrk and those numerous erros may fix something ? It is strange that emty file needs to be in directory,and it is causing all those errors
I've fixed the NullPointerException from sceFontClose in r2367. This game is making unexpected calls to sceFont... there is probably something wrong in our sceFont implementation...

When memory.mbrk is present, a debug memory is activated: it is slower and the handling of invalid memory accesses is somewhat different. This is normal that you get a IndexOutOfBoundsException when an invalid memory access is done and the option "Ignore invalid memory access (not recommended for test reports, but improves performance)" is activated. This option deactivates all the memory checks to improve the performance, but there is no nice catching if one occurs.

You are right game does not cause outofbounds error if "ignore invalid memory access" is not checked. However since it has hundreds of errors,that means "run" needs to be pressed far more times then any sane person would agree to Smile
It seems a third option is needed under memory tab. Option which will not make emulator ignore memory errors,and thus will not cause IndexOutOfBoundsException when invalid access is done,but also it will not pause the emulator when error is found,making users press "run" numerous times.
Anyways,back to this game,font errors are fixed,but now a little later it just black-screens with "sprite over member" error.
I have posted the log...

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 31.58 KB / Downloads: 107)
This game is still crashing with sprite over member errors. But error is little different in newer revisions ( different numbers after sprite over member error ) and also game mentions texture errors now in log which it didnt before,so I attached the new log

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 109.11 KB / Downloads: 80)
No love for this game Sad It has so many different errors,I swear if you fix this game every other game will work too Smile
First of all,it gets hundreds,if not thousands of memory errors. I have never seen any other game do this.
Second,its not at all playable without having memory.mbrk file present. Why ? Because emulator stops on each of houndreds of errors,and nobody is insane to push "run" that many times. If memory options "ignore memory errors" is enabled,emulator crash with java error. However,if memory.mbrk is present,emulator does not crash.
Third,you cant load or save the game. Error is "unable to free up enough memory"
Four,some text is missing in game dialogues,none of the video options fix it.
Five,game crash after one battle and some talk with mix of memory errors and "sprite over member" errors
And six,it has 86 rating on gamerankings and 87 on metacritic which is a great rating for a strategy rpg and its shame it doesnt work Big Grin
r2406
same invalid memory crashes after the first dialog text.

some new settings
Enabling "Color Mask" will make the game backgrounds show up. (GE screen to Textures needs to be disabled)

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 6.49 KB / Downloads: 93)

Hangul patched version error

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 2.67 KB / Downloads: 80)
(12-16-2011, 06:29 AM)hyakki Wrote: r2406
same invalid memory crashes after the first dialog text.

some new settings
Enabling "Color Mask" will make the game backgrounds show up. (GE screen to Textures needs to be disabled)

Do you also experience unavoidable crash ( unlike the one you mentioned after first dialog ) after first battle and some dialog ?
(12-16-2011, 10:58 AM)vmftm12 Wrote: Hangul patched version error

You need to enable use psp fonts under media tab,also if you enable "ignore memory errors" you should create an empy file called memory.mbrk in jpcsp main folder
here is a save game, I managed to make it to a save point in Jpcsp, right after loading it shows a movie, then goes into a dialog scene , then a battle, should be useful to help test a bit more of the game.

the fonts seem to work at first then start to break (screenshots) (I think its caused by invalid the memory problems)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   UCUS987000001.rar (Size: 243.69 KB / Downloads: 90)
.rar   log.rar (Size: 11.33 KB / Downloads: 91)
(12-16-2011, 12:51 PM)hyakki Wrote: here is a save game, I managed to make it to a save point in Jpcsp, right after loading it shows a movie, then goes into a dialog scene , then a battle, should be useful to help test a bit more of the game.

the fonts seem to work at first then start to break (screenshots) (I think its caused by invalid the memory problems)

Interesting...are you able to load the game ? Because when I try to load your save it says "enable to free up enough memory for loading"
Also not to mention I am not able to get to second battle,it always crashes before that.
Did you create memory.mbrk file ? Without it,game crashes when you try to start first battle with "array out of bounds" error.
(12-16-2011, 01:50 PM)digiadventures Wrote: Interesting...are you able to load the game ? Because when I try to load your save it says "enable to free up enough memory for loading"
Also not to mention I am not able to get to second battle,it always crashes before that.
Did you create memory.mbrk file ? Without it,game crashes when you try to start first battle with "array out of bounds" error.
Yeah I tested the save before I posted it and I could load the save fine, I tried in both 64bit and 32bit and both worked ok.

I didn't create memory.mbrk for some reason I don't need it anymore but I used to on really old Jpcsp revisions (as you can see in my older posts)

I did enable ignore invalid memory errors though.