This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - ULUS10565
Well, I'll keep the above post there for reference but I "fixed" it by using the 32bit emulator. It got past that point multiple times no problem. Though other people are using the 64bit no problem, so I don't know what the problem is here!

However, I am now being plagued by the AI Freeze... I dunno how some people get away with it, but I'm having multiple freezes per battle! My maximum compiler size is 50, as I read that lowering it might help but unfortunately not! It was only on 100 to begin with anyway...

Why is using snapshot not recommended? I've gotten around the problem a few times (albeit slowly) by saving a snapshot every couple of turns, so that when it freezes I can load snapshot -> quicksave -> restart emulator -> load quicksave. Without snapshot... I'd have to quit the whole game every few turns, which would be VERY annoying!

Honestly though - someone posted that not changing your facing after an action seems to help and I can definitely confirm this! I was loading from quicksave and freezing over and over in the exact same spot. But if I didn't change my facing, I got past this freeze! Weird! I don't know if it eliminates the problem completely as I've stopped playing, but I'll let you know anyway...

Messages In This Thread
RE: TACTICS OGRE Let Us Cling Together - ULUS10565 [Encrypted] - by klite - 04-30-2012, 12:49 AM