This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
The Legend Of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - ULUS10540
I tried with everything off except Media Engine and Decode using sonicstage, and it does the same thing. I moved a save file over from my other PC past the point of the video, and the game runs really slow on this PC for some reason. I don't understand it, why would it run slower on a new i7 than on a 3+ year old Athlon dual core? I'd just play it on the other PC, but after about an hour or so it runs out of memory and gets completely unresponsive. :/

Here's the log file with only media engine and decode with sonicstage. I even used the keyboard instead of my USB controller, but that made those weird input warnings come up. Thanks again for helping!

Edit: mordaki, here's a save a bit after that video... it's in the first dungeon. There's some story scenes that you'll have missed if you use this along with some tutorials though. You're in the sewers to retrieve an item to pass your final exam. The tutorials are for stuff like the magic system, but it's pretty easy to figure out. Hope this helps you out, and I hope it's ok to upload saves.

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 219.09 KB / Downloads: 101)
.rar   save.rar (Size: 248.94 KB / Downloads: 139)
well heres a question what biuild would actually let me get by or play the movie? i've tried 2070 as well as a few others all give me the same result. oh well for now i'm at a loss as to why that movie won't play on a dual core cpu.
nope jpcsp isn't detecting the save game when i try to load it. i'm gonna give up on this for now. for some reason this game just plain old hates me. or hates my dual core amd desktop computer one of the two

(04-29-2011, 04:43 AM)RydiaMist Wrote: I tried with everything off except Media Engine and Decode using sonicstage, and it does the same thing. I moved a save file over from my other PC past the point of the video, and the game runs really slow on this PC for some reason. I don't understand it, why would it run slower on a new i7 than on a 3+ year old Athlon dual core? I'd just play it on the other PC, but after about an hour or so it runs out of memory and gets completely unresponsive. :/

Here's the log file with only media engine and decode with sonicstage. I even used the keyboard instead of my USB controller, but that made those weird input warnings come up. Thanks again for helping!

Edit: mordaki, here's a save a bit after that video... it's in the first dungeon. There's some story scenes that you'll have missed if you use this along with some tutorials though. You're in the sewers to retrieve an item to pass your final exam. The tutorials are for stuff like the magic system, but it's pretty easy to figure out. Hope this helps you out, and I hope it's ok to upload saves.
OK I think i was able to reproduce it, but I am unsure since the video plays more often then not for me, and never for you. anyways this is the only error i could come up with Smile
(I was also pressing the buttons quickly to skip through text so that could of cause the error too i suppose)
Code:
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.RenderingEngineLwjgl.setVertexAttribPointer(RenderingEngineLwjgl.java:1057)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.BaseRenderingEngineProxy.setVertexAttribPointer(BaseRenderingEngineProxy.java:582)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.BaseRenderingEngineProxy.setVertexAttribPointer(BaseRenderingEngineProxy.java:582)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.REShader.setColorPointer(REShader.java:757)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.BaseRenderingEngineProxy.setColorPointer(BaseRenderingEngineProxy.java:542)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.BaseRenderingEngineProxy.setColorPointer(BaseRenderingEngineProxy.java:542)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.buffer.BufferManagerVBO.setColorPointer(BufferManagerVBO.java:74)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.setColorPointer(VideoEngine.java:4017)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommandPRIM(VideoEngine.java:1828)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommand(VideoEngine.java:1141)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeList(VideoEngine.java:805)
        at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.update(VideoEngine.java:509)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceDisplay.paintGL(sceDisplay.java:1167)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.paint(AWTGLCanvas.java:314)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.update(AWTGLCanvas.java:343)
        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.updateComponent(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
I'm pretty sure at this point there's just something going on with my PC and this game in particular. The same image/build of jpcsp (I just copied the whole folder over to the other PC and ran it) works fine on the other PC and plays the video, and Dissidia (only other game I have on my computer atm) plays the intro video fine on this computer with audio. I really have absolutely no idea what it could be, I just built this PC a couple of weeks ago and it has a fresh install of Win7 Ultimate x64. The other has Windows XP Pro 32 bit, but other people are able to play it on 64 bit windows 7 so I don't think it's that. It even freezes if I turn media engine off instead of playing the "fake" video. I have the latest 32 bit and 64 bit JREs and Sonicstage on this PC as well, and I'm using a build from the buildbot. ><
alright i've attached a log file up until the movie starts hopefully it will help figure out what the problem is and possibly what i need to do to fix it.

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 108.57 KB / Downloads: 89)
(04-02-2011, 02:29 AM)hyakki Wrote: game appears playable,
Optimal Game setting
Code:
|Video|
[-] Only GE graphhics (not recommended for homebrew) // Flickers
[-] Use vertex cache
[x] Use shaders (experimental)
[-] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders) // disable to see the menu backgrounds.
[-] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[-] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[x] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[-] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[x] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders rec for AMD/ATI)

|Media|
[x] Use Media Engine (Works only with 32bit JPCSP)
[-] Extract media files to tmp folder
[x] Decode audio files with sonic stage (you must have ss installed for this to work)
[x] Use non-native fonts from flash0 folder

|Compiler|
[x] Use compiler (dynarec)
[-] Output profiler into to profiler.txt (only for compiler)
[100] Maximum method size

::Legend::
[-] = Unchecked
[x] = Checked
[#] = Optional, use at own risk (usually a speedup, can cause crash / bugs, disable this first if you run into problems)
::When changing options do it before you load the game, or else you'll need to close and restart Jpcsp.::

attached info log - from start of game till where i saved in the town.

[Image: o6jqyu.jpg][Image: 2icbcsw.jpg]
[Image: 16gkc61.jpg][Image: 2qlv7eb.jpg]
[Image: 1c7df.jpg][Image: nx1cap.jpg]
[Image: vq39lf.jpg]
bugs
audio is out of sync with video (i think this game uses a separate audio file for the video (like bgm) so to sync it with the video playing might be hard

Update
log2 is about 2h:10m of gameplay straight Smile

Game Info
Amazon | Wikipedia

it didnt work for me also what emulator are u using Sad
Hyyakki again forgive me if i spelled your forum nickname incorrectly. have you had a chance to take a look at the log file i attached? i'm still unable to get by the opening movie after the whole boy in the bed scene. if you have a chance can you take a look at the log file maybe find out if possible what is going on
report Smile

works just fine no problems till now,only the one of the opening movie that i had to find a way around, but the big screen don't work Sad, so lets go psp this one
how to encrypt The Legend Of Heroes: Trails in the Sky ?
(05-27-2011, 08:24 AM)dArAgiTgit Wrote: how to encrypt The Legend Of Heroes: Trails in the Sky ?

Why would you want to encrypt it? This game needs to be decrypted in order for it to load on jpcsp.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue