This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
"SAVEDATA can not be created in the beginning of the game when viewing the Bestiary"

i just tried this on my psp and the exact same thing happens on a real psp
(09-29-2013, 08:00 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: Damn man. You went on Configuration overload. Hopefully you read the README and understood what each setting does. I use the following Configuration:
Code:
Configuration / Video
[ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
[ ] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders
[ ] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[X] Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory
[ ] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)
[ ] Save Stencil to Memory (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Use Software Rendering (very experimental, not yet complete, slow)
These settings should get the game to display correctly with no black background covering the field. Hopefully, the performance should be just as good when compared to the settings that you have used.

I have tested this game with r3402 and the incorrect graphical errors still exist. Certain Techniques like Blue Fang makes the game really slow and SAVEDATA can not be created in the beginning of the game when viewing the Bestiary. Occasionally, I get an error when loading the game if I skip the FMV before the Title Screen.

If I do not have Use Software Rendering (very experimental, not yet complete, slow) check marked, the sprites appear to have green outlines around them and sometimes I even have a black square around them, which tends to be quite annoying.

Also, I have a Nvidia GeForce video card, so having this setting
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
which is for ATI/AMD video cards and such seems to have NO effect on my system, whether it is check or not.

I even tried this configuration and it was still 1/16 the of background screen during battle:
Code:
Configuration / Video
[ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
[ ] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders
[ ] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[X] Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory
[ ] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)
[ ] Save Stencil to Memory (more accurate but slower)
[X] Use Software Rendering (very experimental, not yet complete, slow)

Edit: I have even tried FFIV and the background was the same as it was in The After Years. The image below shows exactly what it looks like.

So the question is, how do I make it so the background is correct and the sprites look normal at the same time? What setting is causing this or what setting corrects it?

Reading through the wiki does not clearly explain what setting would work best for a Nvidia GeForce video card.

Bruce.
I guess you only have two options. You either use an older revision of JPCSP or you update/revert your driver for your Graphics Card.
(10-15-2013, 02:05 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: I guess you only have two options. You either use an older revision of JPCSP or you update/revert your driver for your Graphics Card.

Or un-check the software rendering option, that's the cause for 1/16 background drawing during battle.
I have the latest driver for my video card.

When I disable [X] Use Software Rendering (very experimental, not yet complete, slow) The sprites have a green outline around them.
During battle the background is there, however, the name and ATB bar does not show up on the screen battle screen, when software rendering is disabled.

Image with green outline:

Image with background but missing ATB status bar

Why am I getting this and should I post this issue in the forum related to JPCSP version 0.7 3376:3402? In other words, should I be posting this issue to this forum http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1142 Because this forum is where I got the link for version 0.7 3376:3402

Thanks in advance...

Bruce.
Regarding @MrBruce problem I think he has Catalyst AI or whatever it is called now enabled. This is most likely the cause for green outline at least.

Regarding native ATRAC3+ added with r3432 and made functional in the next revision, there is still a problem I noticed. The ATRAC3+ audio that is included in the intro videos isn't played at all. As per my knowledge there is a stereo ATRAC3+ sound on both intro videos. Tested with JPCSP 32-bit Windows 7 x64.
Here is a log (info level):

0 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.sceUtility - sceUtilityLoadModule(module=0x0303) PSP_MODULE_AV_MPEGBASE loaded
23 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.sceUtility - sceUtilityLoadModule(module=0x0303) PSP_MODULE_AV_MPEGBASE loaded
32 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.ModuleMgrForUser - hleKernelLoadModule(path='disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/module/psmf.prx') HLE module psmf loaded
56 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.ModuleMgrForUser - IGNORINGConfusedceKernelStartModule HLE module 'psmf'
56 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.ModuleMgrForUser - hleKernelLoadModule(path='disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/module/libpsmfplayer.prx') HLE module libpsmfplayer loaded
79 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.ModuleMgrForUser - IGNORINGConfusedceKernelStartModule HLE module 'libpsmfplayer'
96 [MyThread-Main] INFO hle.sceMpeg - sceMpegInit
112 [MyThread-MovieStart] INFO hle.scePsmfPlayer - PSMF Player Data: displayBuffer=0x09452040, displayBufferSize=0x300000, playbackThreadPriority=42
113 [MyThread-MovieStart] INFO hle.scePsmfPlayer - Loading PSMF file 'disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/movie/FF4_DEMO.pmf'
176 [MyThread-MovieStart] INFO hle.scePsmf - Found PSMF MPEG video stream data: streamID=0xE0, privateStreamID=0x0, unk1=0x20, unk2=0xFB, EPMapOffset=0x0, EPMapEntriesNum=0, videoWidth=480, videoHeight=272
176 [MyThread-MovieStart] INFO hle.scePsmf - Found PSMF MPEG audio stream data: streamID=0xBD, privateStreamID=0x0, unk1=0x20, unk2=0x4, audioChannelConfig=2, audioSampleFrequency=2
211 [MyThread-MovieStart] INFO hle.scePsmfPlayer - Found play info data: videoCodec=0xE, videoStreamNum=0, audioCodec=0x1, audioStreamNum=0, playMode=0, playSpeed=1
221 [MyThread-MovieStart] ERROR me - MediaEngine: No audio streams found!
(01-14-2014, 02:08 PM)pal1000 Wrote: Regarding @MrBruce problem I think he has Catalyst AI or whatever it is called now enabled. This is most likely the cause for green outline at least.

Regarding native ATRAC3+ added with r3432 and made functional in the next revision, there is still a problem I noticed. The ATRAC3+ audio that is included in the intro videos isn't played at all. As per my knowledge there is a stereo ATRAC3+ sound on both intro videos. Tested with JPCSP 32-bit Windows 7 x64.
Here is a log (info level):

0 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.sceUtility - sceUtilityLoadModule(module=0x0303) PSP_MODULE_AV_MPEGBASE loaded
23 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.sceUtility - sceUtilityLoadModule(module=0x0303) PSP_MODULE_AV_MPEGBASE loaded
32 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.ModuleMgrForUser - hleKernelLoadModule(path='disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/module/psmf.prx') HLE module psmf loaded
56 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.ModuleMgrForUser - IGNORINGConfusedceKernelStartModule HLE module 'psmf'
56 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.ModuleMgrForUser - hleKernelLoadModule(path='disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/module/libpsmfplayer.prx') HLE module libpsmfplayer loaded
79 [MyThread-DevModule] INFO hle.ModuleMgrForUser - IGNORINGConfusedceKernelStartModule HLE module 'libpsmfplayer'
96 [MyThread-Main] INFO hle.sceMpeg - sceMpegInit
112 [MyThread-MovieStart] INFO hle.scePsmfPlayer - PSMF Player Data: displayBuffer=0x09452040, displayBufferSize=0x300000, playbackThreadPriority=42
113 [MyThread-MovieStart] INFO hle.scePsmfPlayer - Loading PSMF file 'disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/movie/FF4_DEMO.pmf'
176 [MyThread-MovieStart] INFO hle.scePsmf - Found PSMF MPEG video stream data: streamID=0xE0, privateStreamID=0x0, unk1=0x20, unk2=0xFB, EPMapOffset=0x0, EPMapEntriesNum=0, videoWidth=480, videoHeight=272
176 [MyThread-MovieStart] INFO hle.scePsmf - Found PSMF MPEG audio stream data: streamID=0xBD, privateStreamID=0x0, unk1=0x20, unk2=0x4, audioChannelConfig=2, audioSampleFrequency=2
211 [MyThread-MovieStart] INFO hle.scePsmfPlayer - Found play info data: videoCodec=0xE, videoStreamNum=0, audioCodec=0x1, audioStreamNum=0, playMode=0, playSpeed=1
221 [MyThread-MovieStart] ERROR me - MediaEngine: No audio streams found!

Indeed, you're right. The audio in these movie sequences is Atrac3+, but Xuggler and FFMPEG don't have Atrac3+ support in the MPEG-PS demultiplexer, so the audio stream is being ignored even though it can be decoded.
I'm working on a workaround to provide a raw demultiplexing routine that should allow us to access the audio stream.
@pal1000: MrBruce has stated that he has a Nvidia GeForce GT 430 for his graphics card (Post #459). Therefore, any AMD/ATI graphics card issues (such as Catalyst A.I.) should not affect him.
This game was tested with revision 824b8ca. There is a minor graphics issue that only appears on OpenGL during the beginning of the game when the airship is flying. There is a vertical line that appears near one of the airships (1st Screenshot - PSP, 2nd Screenshot - OpenGL, 3rd Screenshot - External Software Renderer).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_r824b8ca(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 88.9 KB / Downloads: 92)
This game was tested with revision 05c4200. The emulator seems to have a problem with the opening video as JPCSP encounters an error and cannot proceed further in the game. The opening video must be skipped in order to reach the Title Screen.
Code:
Exception in thread "Video Decoder Thread" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
    at jpcsp.HLE.modules.sceDisplay.getPixelFormatBytes(sceDisplay.java:1246)
    at jpcsp.HLE.modules.sceMpeg.writeImageABGR(sceMpeg.java:1819)
    at jpcsp.HLE.modules.sceMpeg.decodeImage(sceMpeg.java:1188)
    at jpcsp.HLE.modules.sceMpeg.restartThread(sceMpeg.java:1215)
    at jpcsp.HLE.modules.sceMpeg.hleVideoDecoderStep(sceMpeg.java:1347)
    at jpcsp.HLE.modules.sceMpeg.access$500(sceMpeg.java:86)
    at jpcsp.HLE.modules.sceMpeg$VideoDecoderThread.run(sceMpeg.java:1057)
In terms of graphics issues, on OpenGL the vertical line still appears near one of the airships. Another issue is with this particular section of the game with a closeup of the characters on the airship (1st Screenshot - PSP, 2nd Screenshot - OpenGL, 3rd Screenshot - External Software Renderer). With OpenGL, the color of the dialog box is correct but there are green horizontal lines that occasionally appear underneath the airship. On the External Software Renderer, there aren't any green horizontal lines that appear on the screen but the color of the dialog box is lighter in comparison to the PSP.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_r05c4200(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 79.09 KB / Downloads: 100)