This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DLC Decryption
I have a question regarding the encryption/decryption of SAVEDATA.
Thanks to Hykems option "Disable SAVEDATA encryption", my old savegames still work, even tough they are not encrypted. However, since encryption seems to work now, I've been trying to convert that unencrypted SAVEDATA to encyrpted savedata. So far without success.
Is there a way to use jpcsp or another program to manually encrypt/decrypt SAVEDATA?
(04-07-2014, 01:24 PM)nightflyer Wrote: I have a question regarding the encryption/decryption of SAVEDATA.
Thanks to Hykems option "Disable SAVEDATA encryption", my old savegames still work, even tough they are not encrypted. However, since encryption seems to work now, I've been trying to convert that unencrypted SAVEDATA to encyrpted savedata. So far without success.
Is there a way to use jpcsp or another program to manually encrypt/decrypt SAVEDATA?

Unfortunately, those old save games had many missing data portions, so they were never compatible with a real PSP.
You can try to disable "Disable SAVEDATA encryption" and let JPCSP auto detect the SAVEDATA as unencrypted (this is now possible, JPCSP detects if the SAVEDATA is encrypted or not). If this succeeds (it may not work, because the old PARAM.SFO files were terribly corrupted) then JPCSP will load your unencrypted SAVEDATA and the next time you save your game it will output it as encrypted.
By the way, I suggest you also take a look at the standalone program SED for PC (http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/8122 ) which uses the same algorithms used by PPSSPP/JPCSP without having to use an emulator.
(04-11-2014, 06:25 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(04-07-2014, 01:24 PM)nightflyer Wrote: I have a question regarding the encryption/decryption of SAVEDATA.

Unfortunately, those old save games had many missing data portions, so they were never compatible with a real PSP.
You can try to disable "Disable SAVEDATA encryption" and let JPCSP auto detect the SAVEDATA as unencrypted (this is now possible, JPCSP detects if the SAVEDATA is encrypted or not). If this succeeds (it may not work, because the old PARAM.SFO files were terribly corrupted) then JPCSP will load your unencrypted SAVEDATA and the next time you save your game it will output it as encrypted.
By the way, I suggest you also take a look at the standalone program SED for PC (http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/8122 ) which uses the same algorithms used by PPSSPP/JPCSP without having to use an emulator.

Thanks for the reply Hykem.
Whenever "Disable SAVEDATA encryption" is disabeled, the SAVEDATA show up as corrupted(probably because of the PARAM.SFO as you said).
I did take a look at SED for PC as you suggested but couldn't get it to work. Probably because I don't know much about how the PSP encrypts/decrypts savegames. I have absolutely no clue what the game-key-file is supposed to contain or where I could find that file. I don't even know what the game-key itself is supposed to be.
If you find the time please explain it to me.
(04-15-2014, 10:29 AM)nightflyer Wrote:

Whenever "Disable SAVEDATA encryption" is disabeled, the SAVEDATA show up as corrupted(probably because of the PARAM.SFO as you said).
I did take a look at SED for PC as you suggested but couldn't get it to work. Probably because I don't know much about how the PSP encrypts/decrypts savegames. I have absolutely no clue what the game-key-file is supposed to contain or where I could find that file. I don't even know what the game-key itself is supposed to be.

The game key is an internal key supplied by the game itself to process SAVEDATA encryption/decryption.
You can use JPCSP to dump this key too. Just check the option "Extract SAVEDATA key to TMP folder" and the key will be saved in binary form under the folder TMP. You can then use this binary file with SED for PC.
Nonetheless, if you wish, just post the corrupted SAVEDATA files here and I'll try to manually fix them for you.
(04-16-2014, 09:59 PM)Hykem Wrote:

The game key is an internal key supplied by the game itself to process SAVEDATA encryption/decryption.
You can use JPCSP to dump this key too. Just check the option "Extract SAVEDATA key to TMP folder" and the key will be saved in binary form under the folder TMP. You can then use this binary file with SED for PC.
Nonetheless, if you wish, just post the corrupted SAVEDATA files here and I'll try to manually fix them for you.

Thank you for the hint on how to find the game-key. I discovered that it is only placed in the TMP-folder if "Disable SAVEDATA encryption" is disabeled.
However, every time I try to run the SED.exe I recieve a notice that a dll-file(specifically MSVCR110D.dll) could not be found. That seems to be some kind of c-runtime but I see no mention of this on the SED-release-site. I tried to run sed on win7 x64 if that is of any importance.
Anyway since you offered, I packed together the savegames(DATA0-8 and param.sfo) and the game-key(SEDKEY.bin) for you to play arround with. The game theese files belong to is Valkyria Chronicles 3 E2(using the fanmade english translation patch) The name of the file is identical to the name of the save-folder.
I only really need DATA0 and DATA1 converted since i only use the first save slot.
Thanks again

EDIT: I managed to fix the problem with the missing ddl by installing the VC++ Redist. 2012 for 32bit.
And after a few tries i managed to convert the save in question.
So thanks for your help Hykem, no need for you to convert anything now, looks like the param.sfo was uncorruped enough.

Attached Files
.zip   NPJH50491.zip (Size: 330.02 KB / Downloads: 117)
(04-17-2014, 07:40 AM)nightflyer Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 09:59 PM)Hykem Wrote:

Thank you for the hint on how to find the game-key. I discovered that it is only placed in the TMP-folder if "Disable SAVEDATA encryption" is disabeled.
However, every time I try to run the SED.exe I recieve a notice that a dll-file(specifically MSVCR110D.dll) could not be found. That seems to be some kind of c-runtime but I see no mention of this on the SED-release-site. I tried to run sed on win7 x64 if that is of any importance.
Anyway since you offered, I packed together the savegames(DATA0-8 and param.sfo) and the game-key(SEDKEY.bin) for you to play arround with. The game theese files belong to is Valkyria Chronicles 3 E2(using the fanmade english translation patch) The name of the file is identical to the name of the save-folder.
I only really need DATA0 and DATA1 converted since i only use the first save slot.
Thanks again

EDIT: I managed to fix the problem with the missing ddl by installing the VC++ Redist. 2012 for 32bit.
And after a few tries i managed to convert the save in question.
So thanks for your help Hykem, no need for you to convert anything now, looks like the param.sfo was uncorruped enough.

Glad to know you managed to fix them. Wink
So where is the DLC stored is it stored in your games save file or somewhere else?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit