This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem after installing JRE7. I reverted back to JRE6 and the issue didn't go away.
Basically my menus and things just kept turning black. When the emualator is windowed I can fix the issue easy enough by just moving the mouse as if I am going to resize the window then just click and everything goes back to normal. I have a screenshot attached to show what I mean. Basically it started when I installed JRE7. I thought installing it would improve performance but it didn't seem to just caused the blackouts to start. I uninstalled it and reinstalled JRE6 but it didn't fix it at all. I even ran a Java old versions remover and it found stuff and removed it but it didn't correct the issue either. The program I used is called javara just so you know what I used.
[Image: BlackoutinJpcsp.jpg]
try disabling aero.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
try to reboot your pc, looks like a memory leak.
Actually I found out it was neither. It would happen to be that I found in the forum that I should turn my graphics settings all the way to the highest setting for graphics to then I wouldn't have the game turn black and white. So then I just remembered this and turn my graphics settings to default and the issue went way. I tried using windows 7 basic before this and it didn't work. I just thought of the graphics settings afterwords.