This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
(06-01-2011, 08:54 PM)gid15 Wrote: Is the code cache being allocated inside the permanent generation area (in which case MaxPermSize should be larger than ReservedCodeCacheSize)? or it is allocated additionally (in which case both sizes are independent of each other). I was not able to find clear information about this. Could you point some info on that?
Thanks!
Unfortunately I mostly have my information from 1 other person and pure testing only. Yes, I have my problems with the official java-documentation myself (ever had).
But as I understand the workings behind both parameters now (through documentation, asking someone and a little testing), MaxPermSize does indeed include ReservedCodeCacheSize. From a simple logical point of view it has to, because the codecache is permanent and can't overrule the MaxPermSize.

(06-01-2011, 08:54 PM)gid15 Wrote: It seems that most developers are using a MaxPermSize larger than ReservedCodeCacheSize... (often twice as large)
This I have been told from a fellow developer who is developing java apps for networks. But he also said that often one and a half is sufficient. Strongly depends on the total size of the binary code itself and how much of it is used very often. So twice as much is often more a "be on the safe side" approach.

Yes, I know that my math example in my last post is not correct, sorry. But I had to ask someone else to shed some light on this matter and my little math resembles my former idea of it.

MaxPerm=128m - CodeCache=64m = 64m for the rest
...should be correct (after info from someone who is dealing with this since years).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505 [encrypted] - by BinarySlave - 06-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - by Elliott - 08-16-2012, 10:41 AM