This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DirectX render in the future?
Yes or no?Only OpenGL?
What would you gain from having DirectX if there is already OpenGL?
(04-09-2014, 02:02 PM)Ashe Wrote: What would you gain from having DirectX if there is already OpenGL?

Just a friend asked.
If D3D12 will be more like Mantle like MS said then maybe I'd see some point in this, but OpenGL has upper hand for now.
CPU : Intel Core i7-3770S
GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
RAM :8 GB DDR3
HDD: Western Digital 1TB+500GB
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LK

PSP 2004 CFW 5.00 M33-6
PS3 Fat 80GB CFW 4.50 Rogero
(04-09-2014, 03:02 PM)Blackbird Wrote: If D3D12 will be more like Mantle like MS said then maybe I'd see some point in this, but OpenGL has upper hand for now.

Yes.Low level аccess to video memory.
So according to MS the first games with DX 12 should be out by the end of 2015, and until then, there probably won't be much driver support or anything. So no need to bother about it for now, or quite some time.

Besides, I really don't think graphical performance will be such a big issue. My pretty much low end GT 555m shows 2-3 % GPU usage in the lowest power state of 200 mhz when Disgaea 3 is at 1 fps Tongue
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
You don't really need Mantle, OpenGL can already do just fine with stuff like MDI, texture arrays and bindless resources... (which match what the emulator needs more than Mantle)
(04-09-2014, 05:51 PM)ssshadow Wrote: So according to MS the first games with DX 12 should be out by the end of 2015, and until then, there probably won't be much driver support or anything. So no need to bother about it for now, or quite some time.

Besides, I really don't think graphical performance will be such a big issue. My pretty much low end GT 555m shows 2-3 % GPU usage in the lowest power state of 200 mhz when Disgaea 3 is at 1 fps Tongue

Нm.How she gives FPS in recompiler?
(04-10-2014, 12:13 PM)Ru4slan Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 05:51 PM)ssshadow Wrote: So according to MS the first games with DX 12 should be out by the end of 2015, and until then, there probably won't be much driver support or anything. So no need to bother about it for now, or quite some time.

1 fps with SPU recompiler.
(04-10-2014, 12:45 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(04-10-2014, 12:13 PM)Ru4slan Wrote:

1 fps with SPU recompiler.

How so? After all, should accelerate. Or is he still the initial stage?